• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Soft crabs

macedog24

macedog24

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Tonight have a couple soft crabs.

Who likes em,? Who eats em and how do you prepare yours?
334da4cd7d332e3fec7af88b2f4c2032-1.jpg
8c9832870b02df6c80a341a0e74ce37d-1.jpg

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
One of my favorite dishes is crabs. However, we are warned that crabs, particularly the one with the red or yellow fats, it is high in cholesterol content. The physician in our family said that we shouldn't eat crabs more than once a week. My usual way of cooking crabs is by boiling it in coconut milk. After pressing the grated coconut to extract the milk, it is boiled for 5 minutes before putting in the crabs and let it boil for 20 more minutes. The dip is shrimp paste with lemon juice. It is best eaten with steamed rice.

macedog24

macedog24

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
These are maryland blue Crabs.
Normally blue crabs are steamed with water ,oldbay, vinegar, beer, whatever else you want really. But covered in seasoning.

These soft crabs were dipped in egg, lightly floured , with some salt pepper and oldbay seasoning. Then fried in a pan on top the stove. Normally i would have made a soft crab sandwich, but i ate them plain. Just like you see.

Kakashi2020

Kakashi2020

I love eating crabs specially young soft shelled ones we called baby crabs. It's usually cooked with a cornstarch batter that gives it a very crunchy exterior and a soft interior. It's very delicious dipped in chili vinegar or with some spicy sweet and sour sauce.

NoviceNinja

NoviceNinja

Oh, I love eating crabs especially if it is cooked in coconut milk mixed with squash, beans, and chili. However, doctors advise not to eat too many crabs as it is high in cholesterol and may cause health problems. My aunt suffered a stroke due to eating excessive amounts of it.

maj79

maj79

I love some crabs too, but I don’t get it much and when I do it’s usually my body weight worth

macedog24

macedog24

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Sounds good. I love spicy food.
I love eating crabs specially young soft shelled ones we called baby crabs. It's usually cooked with a cornstarch batter that gives it a very crunchy exterior and a soft interior. It's very delicious dipped in chili vinegar or with some spicy sweet and sour sauce.

macedog24

macedog24

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Sounds like she had an allergy of some type. Never had this. Sounds good.
Oh, I love eating crabs especially if it is cooked in coconut milk mixed with squash, beans, and chili. However, doctors advise not to eat too many crabs as it is high in cholesterol and may cause health problems. My aunt suffered a stroke due to eating excessive amounts of it.

macedog24

macedog24

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Dam. Thats a lot of crabs.. Haha..
I love some crabs too, but I don’t get it much and when I do it’s usually my body weight worth

maj79

maj79

So, are y’all cooking these with the shell? I don’t want to sound stupid but that what the pic looks like.

How are you preparing these crabs?

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
maj79

maj79

I had them on Sunday, and it was 4 or 5lbs I believe. Dam bill at the restaurant was 150bucks. Lol but like I said not to offend do I get crab legs. 4 or 5 lbs is really not a lot of crab meat too when you figure in the shells

macedog24

macedog24

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Your saying you only get crab legs?
Oh dam. I thought you were saying you get your weight in crabs.

I had them on Sunday, and it was 4 or 5lbs I believe. Dam bill at the restaurant was 150bucks. Lol but like I said not to offend do I get crab legs. 4 or 5 lbs is really not a lot of crab meat too when you figure in the shells

macedog24

macedog24

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
These are soft shell crabs. Usually right after they shed their shells. You clean out the inside of the crab shell and remove all the stuff your not suppose to eat. Then season them up however you like. And cook them. You eat the shell and all.
So, are y’all cooking these with the shell? I don’t want to sound stupid but that what the pic looks like.

maj79

maj79

I don’t live by the coast so it’s only at restaurants and mostly only the legs. I’ve had seafood boils with blue crab but it just takes so much effect to get through the shells. But I love the meat sooo much

maj79

maj79

These are soft shell crabs. Usually right after they shed their shells. You clean out the inside of the crab shell and remove all the stuff your not suppose to eat. Then season them up however you like. And cook them. You eat the shell and all.

I’ve never had it like that. Is there a restaurant that does it? Or do I need to hit the coastal areas to get that?

I’ve heard the term “ Softshell crabs” before but never really knew that’s what it meant

macedog24

macedog24

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I don’t live by the coast so it’s only at restaurants and mostly only the legs. I’ve had seafood boils with blue crab but it just takes so much effect to get through the shells. But I love the meat sooo much
Yes, soft crabs are eatin different than hard crabs. I love getting steamed crabs but they are so expensive. I dont have them often.

maj79

maj79

I gotta try this. Now I’m hungry

macedog24

macedog24

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

- - - Updated - - -

U can use whatever seasonings you like.
Just wanted to show you how easy it is and you get all th3 meat and the healthy fiber found in their shells

- - - Updated - - -

Ok now im hungry...

maj79

maj79

- - - Updated - - -

Just wanted to show you how easy it is and you get all th3 meat and the healthy fiber found in their shells

- - - Updated - - -

Ok now im hungry...

I had no idea it was that easy. And I didn’t really know about them sheading their shells either. Man! I’m going to try this

macedog24

macedog24

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Ok now im hungry...

I had no idea it was that easy. And I didn’t really know about them sheading their shells either. Man! I’m going to try this

Not sure what area your in. But places deliver.
Just as an example take a look at this.
https://www.ilovecrabs.com/soft-shell-crabs-jumbo.html

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.ilovecrabs.com/harbour-house-crabs-shipping.html.
This talks about shipping.
Always try and get fresh soft crabs also. Not frozen. Again just an example of what to look at or search for.

You can always google search softcrabs for sale near me.
Should pull up some options.
Usually a seafood market. Some places that sell crabs will have them.