• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Eating too much rice is not good

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
In a tv program about health, it was mentioned that eating too much rice is not good hence there is a proposal to ban the unlimited rice in the restaurants. Aside from diabetes, having too much rice in the meal can also cause tiredness and difficulty in breathing. I wonder if those symptoms were really due to eating too much rice or due to simply too much.

Folk Artist

Folk Artist

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I would try to eat white rice with some meats, vegetables and fats and not by itself, because this will slow down the body's digestive process and prevent blood sugar spikes that come from eating high glycemic foods. Also white rice is easier to digest compared to brown rice and does not contain gluten- gluten is a hard protein for the body to digest.

NoviceNinja

NoviceNinja

Well, I guess the best alternative to rice is eating pasta (spaghetti, etc.). I believe the main reason the government is banning the implementation of unlimited rice in certain restaurants is politics and does not have anything to do with one's health. You know how the government works, especially in the Philippines, they're puppets of big companies and corporations to pass laws in favor of them. Just my 2 cents.

acehealth001

acehealth001

Banned
Too much of everything actually is poison, unli rice and the other foodies. These days the cause of the disease like diabetes is neglected in the cure because people are advised to diet. But the food didn't make us sick, it was our immoderate use of food that did us bad. If only from the start we we practiced moderation, not just in food but in other things, then sickness would have been kept at bay.

Kakashi2020

Kakashi2020

In a tv program about health, it was mentioned that eating too much rice is not good hence there is a proposal to ban the unlimited rice in the restaurants. Aside from diabetes, having too much rice in the meal can also cause tiredness and difficulty in breathing. I wonder if those symptoms were really due to eating too much rice or due to simply too much.

In my opinion people who are already sick with diabetes should refrain from eating too much rice but a person without diabetes can eat as much rice as he wants too. Because I don't believe that eating rice can cause diabetes. It's unhealthy living and genes which causes this diaease. That's why I'm against restaurants limiting the rice portions. It's another way of tricking people to order more rice, hence more income for the establishment. They also did that to plastic bags, now supermarkets, groceries and mall establishments are charging customers for plastic bags.

Kakashi2020

Kakashi2020

Nowadays people are going for cauliflower, carrot, sweet potato, broccoli Rice. It's healthier, more nutritious and has lower carbs than normal rice. All you have to do is use a food processor and pulse it until it resembles the size of rice. Then stir fry it with some onions and garlic as what you do when cooking fried rice. If you want it more plump then add a bit of broth to hydrate it.

Mildredtabitha

Mildredtabitha

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I eat rice most of the times but I have never had difficulty I breathy on noticed feeling tired.I don't believe that information is correct.But what I know how is that too much of anything is bad.

sweerie_banana

sweerie_banana

I normally consume it twice a week. I love rice. It is one of our staple dishes. I can eat it at whatever time. I just make sure I work out and exercise regularly. Most of the things we consume always have a health hazard towards them. We just have to live a healthy lifestyle.

luri

luri

Banned
When you consume too much, all kinds of foods will be bad for you. Even the healthy foods like green vegetables can be bad if you are eating too much. Some people believe rice can cause diabetes. Well, rice does not cause diabetes but when the people do not exercise and live a sedentary life, they will catch diabetes.