One Championship comeback for Gracie
Your first visit?
Register

Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation Alexandoy's Avatar
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

One Championship comeback for Gracie

From the legendary Gracie family, Renzo Gracie will be fighting again after a decade of being away from the octagon. What makes it interesting is that Gracie is 51 years old, maybe a record for the age of a fighter. He will be squaring off with Yuki Kondo in the Mall of Asia Arena on Friday, July 27.

Similar Bodybuilding Threads:

•   bodybuilding Post Icon
      MuscleMecca Sponsors

MuscleMecca Bodybuilding advertising
      musclemecca.com
      Your Bodybuilding,
      Diet, Nutrition and Fitness,
      Supplements, Testosterone and Bodybuilding Chemical, Competition
      Muscle Building Community

Support MuscleMecca Bodybuilding Forums and Visit Our Muscle Sponsors

Mecca Maniac bodybuilding reputation
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Re: One Championship comeback for Gracie

I don't know what Renzo Gracie is thinking. Coming back after a decade to fight in the MMA at 51, is more than crazy. If he thinks he is going to pull a Rocky Balboa in the Octagon, then he is up for a huge disappointment.

Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation Hova's Avatar
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Like Rocky, Renzo is a legend. Unlike Rocky, Renzo has nothing to prove. I Can't wait for tomorrow to see him go against the “King Of Pancrase” Yuki Kondo at ONE: REIGN OF KINGS.

Mecca Maniac bodybuilding reputation NoviceNinja's Avatar
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro View Post
    I don't know what Renzo Gracie is thinking. Coming back after a decade to fight in the MMA at 51, is more than crazy. If he thinks he is going to pull a Rocky Balboa in the Octagon, then he is up for a huge disappointment.
    I like what he said during an interview, and it goes "The funny thing is, if you believe you are old at 30, or if you believe that you are very young at 30, both ways, you are right. So you are what you believe" - Renzo Gracie during the Reigns of Kings Press Launch

Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation Alexandoy's Avatar
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Gracie reminds me of Robert Jaworski who was playing pro basketball at age 50. But there's a big difference between basketball and mixed martial arts because MMA is brutal and pitiless when it comes to injuries. But I admire his mindset that if you are 50 and you think you are still young then you can. Oh well, this is a fight that I wouldn't miss.

Mecca Maniac bodybuilding reputation Kakashi2020's Avatar
    Height
    5'9-1/2"
    Weight
    187lbs
    Biceps

Chest

Waist

Quote Originally Posted by Alexandoy View Post
    From the legendary Gracie family, Renzo Gracie will be fighting again after a decade of being away from the octagon. What makes it interesting is that Gracie is 51 years old, maybe a record for the age of a fighter. He will be squaring off with Yuki Kondo in the Mall of Asia Arena on Friday, July 27.
    I think Gracie has no business fighting in the ring anymore. He's severely overage at 51, he should have just retired and became a trainer or a promoter. I mean it could be pretty dangerous for him more so he's been out of commission for a decade.

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

The fight last night was lackluster that I think it was scripted. The referee issued a yellow card in the first round which meant that the fighters were not fighting. All they did was to pose a fighting stance, stand back, step forward. In the second round, Kondo was kicking and then Gracie had the chance to grapple Kondo and a takedown followed. On the ground, Gracie was able to give a rear naked choke and Kondo tapped in surrender. I really wouldn't believe that it was an honest fight, sorry about my comment. By the way, Renzo Gracie is 51 and Kondi is 43.

Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation Hova's Avatar
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Renzo is a grandpa who is still chocking out people. I have to give it to him, he is impressive af.

• MuscleMecca Sponsors

MuscleMecca Bodybuilding advertising
      musclemecca.com
      Your Bodybuilding,
      Powerlifting, Weight Training
      Supplements, Testosterone and Bodybuilding Chemical,
      Bodybuilding Forum

collapse Posting Permissions