• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

One Championship comeback for Gracie

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
From the legendary Gracie family, Renzo Gracie will be fighting again after a decade of being away from the octagon. What makes it interesting is that Gracie is 51 years old, maybe a record for the age of a fighter. He will be squaring off with Yuki Kondo in the Mall of Asia Arena on Friday, July 27.

M

Maestro

I don't know what Renzo Gracie is thinking. Coming back after a decade to fight in the MMA at 51, is more than crazy. If he thinks he is going to pull a Rocky Balboa in the Octagon, then he is up for a huge disappointment.

Hova

Hova

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Like Rocky, Renzo is a legend. Unlike Rocky, Renzo has nothing to prove. I Can't wait for tomorrow to see him go against the “King Of Pancrase” Yuki Kondo at ONE: REIGN OF KINGS.

NoviceNinja

NoviceNinja

I don't know what Renzo Gracie is thinking. Coming back after a decade to fight in the MMA at 51, is more than crazy. If he thinks he is going to pull a Rocky Balboa in the Octagon, then he is up for a huge disappointment.

I like what he said during an interview, and it goes "The funny thing is, if you believe you are old at 30, or if you believe that you are very young at 30, both ways, you are right. So you are what you believe" - Renzo Gracie during the Reigns of Kings Press Launch

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Gracie reminds me of Robert Jaworski who was playing pro basketball at age 50. But there's a big difference between basketball and mixed martial arts because MMA is brutal and pitiless when it comes to injuries. But I admire his mindset that if you are 50 and you think you are still young then you can. Oh well, this is a fight that I wouldn't miss.

Kakashi2020

Kakashi2020

From the legendary Gracie family, Renzo Gracie will be fighting again after a decade of being away from the octagon. What makes it interesting is that Gracie is 51 years old, maybe a record for the age of a fighter. He will be squaring off with Yuki Kondo in the Mall of Asia Arena on Friday, July 27.

I think Gracie has no business fighting in the ring anymore. He's severely overage at 51, he should have just retired and became a trainer or a promoter. I mean it could be pretty dangerous for him more so he's been out of commission for a decade.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
The fight last night was lackluster that I think it was scripted. The referee issued a yellow card in the first round which meant that the fighters were not fighting. All they did was to pose a fighting stance, stand back, step forward. In the second round, Kondo was kicking and then Gracie had the chance to grapple Kondo and a takedown followed. On the ground, Gracie was able to give a rear naked choke and Kondo tapped in surrender. I really wouldn't believe that it was an honest fight, sorry about my comment. By the way, Renzo Gracie is 51 and Kondi is 43.

Hova

Hova

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Renzo is a grandpa who is still chocking out people. I have to give it to him, he is impressive af.