• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

WBO super flyweight crown to be contested by 2 Filipinos

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
After the title fight of Filipinos Jerwin Ancajas and Jonas Sultan now comes another 2 Filipinos to fight for the WBO super flyweight title. Donnie Nietes and Aston Palicte will slug it out in September on the HBO fight card in Los Angeles. Nietes is a 3-division champ and is aiming for his 4th division title. He sports a fight record of 41-1-4 and is undefeated since 2004 while Palicte has a record of 24-2. Nietes is a technical fighter with 23 KOs while Palicte has 20 KOs.

M

Maestro

I feel like Nietes is going to own Palicte in this fight. Actually this is one of the fights that I'm really eager to watch. I don't think I have ever had the pleasure of witnessing a Filipino Vs. Filipno boxing world title bout.

Hova

Hova

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I feel like Nietes is going to own Palicte in this fight. Actually this is one of the fights that I'm really eager to watch. I don't think I have ever had the pleasure of witnessing a Filipino Vs. Filipno boxing world title bout.

I read online that the last Filipino v Filipino world title bout was last witnessed in the 1920's. So I guess we are really lucky that this one is happening. I also feel like Ahas is going to dominate this fight the same way we saw him do during his IBF Flyweight world title in Februaly.

Kakashi2020

Kakashi2020

I think it's high time that Donnie "Ahas" or "Snake" Nietes to get his 4th world title, I think it's long overdue considering his age. I like watching his fights, it's exciting in a technical way. Donnie Nietes fights like a snake, hence the nickname "Ahas", he's really not a knockout artist but he's exciting in the sense that he would breakdown his opponent bit by bit gaining points and sometimes knocking them off in the latter rounds. Considering his next opponent Donnie Nietes is a sure bet in my book.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
The fight was not one-sided but definitely Nietes had the upper hand particularly in the last round where he could have earned a 10-8 score. But the judges have spoiled the result when the fight was declared a split draw. One judge had it 114-114 while another had it for Nietes with a clear 118-110 and the 3rd judge sided with Palicte for a score of 116-112. Just like the Golovkin-Canelo Alvarez draw, the decision did not sit well with the crowd and boxing fans.