• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Ideal Foods for a Healthier Brain (Optimal Function)

NoviceNinja

NoviceNinja

Brain food

A brain-healthy diet is one that promotes stable blood flow to the brain, is loaded in omega-3 fatty acids, anti-oxidants, have enough minerals like Vitamin C, E, B12 and folate and is low in cholesterol and fat. Like the heart, our brain must have the right balance of nutrients, including sugar and protein, to function well. A brain-healthy diet is most potent when coupled with mental and physical activities alongside social interaction.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I don't know if it is true but old folks here used to say that eating peanuts will make your brain active. In fact, peanuts is one food that is advised to be eaten when reviewing for an upcoming exam. And I was doing that when I was in high school until college. It may be psychological but eating peanuts has a positive effect on my mind.

Folk Artist

Folk Artist

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Some good brain foods include extra virgin olive oil- this oil can improve learning and memory and help with aging. Another good brain food is avocados which are good for improving cognitive function, especially for both memory and concentration. Also beets have natural nitrates that boost blood flow to the brain as well, helping with your mental performance.

acehealth001

acehealth001

Banned
It's kinda amusing if people talk about brain foods because the usual thing is if the food is good for the heart or the body as a whole. I was thinking if there are foods for the heart that are also good for the brain and vice versa. I mean if fish is good for the heart then probably it's good for the brain too. Or are there specific foods that are for the brain?

NoviceNinja

NoviceNinja

I don't know if it is true but old folks here used to say that eating peanuts will make your brain active. In fact, peanuts is one food that is advised to be eaten when reviewing for an upcoming exam. And I was doing that when I was in high school until college. It may be psychological but eating peanuts has a positive effect on my mind.

Peanuts are rich sources of Vitamin E, a powerful antioxidant that defends the nerve membranes. Thiamine is also present which helps the nervous system and the brain turn glucose into energy.

Kakashi2020

Kakashi2020

Nuts are brain boosters because it helps in improving your cardio / heart health and a healthy heart is linked to a healthy mind.

NoviceNinja

NoviceNinja

Nuts are brain boosters because it helps in improving your cardio / heart health and a healthy heart is linked to a healthy mind.

I agree. Before, I never knew that nuts aid in improving your cardio health. I only found out after a co-worker offered me some nuts then we engaged in an educational conversation about it.