• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Oatmeal to lose weight but maintain nutrients

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I have been reading about some celebrities who are subsisting on oatmeal when they want to lose weight. One of them is an action star who is vocal about his passion for oatmeal. He said that he doesn’t gain weight no matter how much oatmeal he eats and he feels very healthy. In fact, his stamina has increased when he started eating oatmeal. My question is the taste of oatmeal that my taste buds would surrender on day 2. It is a boring food that I don’t think I could eat every day.

Folk Artist

Folk Artist

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Oatmeal is a whole grain and a good source of fiber and has a lot of vitamins and minerals- but I can see oatmeal getting very boring fast. I would think to get a bit more creative, like adding some almond milk for taste to it when you are cooking, also it's low in calories as well. Another idea to give it some great taste, is to add some water mixed with pineapple juice since the pineapple juice could be strong- and this would give you some tropical style of oats.

Kakashi2020

Kakashi2020

I eat oatmeal as a meal substitute whenever I want to trim down but I can't eat it daily. It's too bland and if I put in sweeteners, it won't be good for my diet. Oatmeal eaten plain or with a little sweetness from fruits and nuts can give our bodies fiber and a lot of anti oxidants. It also is a low calorie food that's why it's good for weight-loss.