• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Donaire back to bantamweight division

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Nonito Donaire Jr, the Filipino 5-division champion, is joining the World Boxing Super Series in Belfast, Ireland. He will be facing WBA unified bantamweight champion Ryan Burnett in September. Donaire feels proud that Burnett had personally chose him to be the opponent. And Burnett even gave Donaire and wife Rachel a welcome dinner.

Kakashi2020

Kakashi2020

Nonito Donaire's next fight with WBA Unified Bantamweight Champ Ryan Burnett this September at Belfast, Ireland would be a good fight for Donaire, since it's a knockout format competition to once and for all determine the undisputed world Bantamweight Champ in the second season of the World Super Series of Boxing. If Donaire succeeds in winning the competition then his career would be resurrected after losing to Carl Frampton last April also in Belfast, Ireland.

NoviceNinja

NoviceNinja

In my honest opinion, I think that Donaire's career was over. He doesn't look the same after his loss to Rigondeaux. It reminds me of fighters like Shane Mosley, Matthysee, Brandon Rios, Victor Ortiz, etc. They can't bounce back anymore (I might be wrong though).

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
In my honest opinion, I think that Donaire's career was over. He doesn't look the same after his loss to Rigondeaux. It reminds me of fighters like Shane Mosley, Matthysee, Brandon Rios, Victor Ortiz, etc. They can't bounce back anymore (I might be wrong though).

Although it pains me but I have to admit that Donaire is already on his way out. He's not young and his recent fights were discouraging. His last against Frampton was a disaster. He was mauled and his slowness was very obvious. He looked like a beaten old man. But I am still hoping that he could recover and give a better fight.

NoviceNinja

NoviceNinja

Although it pains me but I have to admit that Donaire is already on his way out. He's not young and his recent fights were discouraging. His last against Frampton was a disaster. He was mauled and his slowness was very obvious. He looked like a beaten old man. But I am still hoping that he could recover and give a better fight.

Exactly my thoughts. I do not want to judge, but maybe Donaire has different things going on in his personal life and such. It just seems that he doesn't have the drive or motivation anymore compared to what he has before. At least he made a good impact on his boxing career even though it is only short lived.

Kakashi2020

Kakashi2020

I do agree with your assessment that Donaire isn't the same Donaire that was full of confidence and exciting to watch. Ever since his lost he changed. I really think that he lacks focus and determination unlike Pacquiao who got another lease on his career.

NoviceNinja

NoviceNinja

I do agree with your assessment that Donaire isn't the same Donaire that was full of confidence and exciting to watch. Ever since his lost he changed. I really think that he lacks focus and determination unlike Pacquiao who got another lease on his career.

Touche. Manny Pacquiao is undoubtedly in a different league. There is something about him, you can easily tell that he's hardworking, know what his priorities are, and overall has charisma.