Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Planking for your Abs

Name:  download.jpg
Views: 63
Size:  109.4 KB

I watched a video that says this exercise helps in shaping and working out your abs (alongside proper diet). All you have to do is hold this position for a matter of seconds every day. Make it a point to increase the duration every single day to get the best results.

Is this effective? Anyone who has tried this out?

•   bodybuilding Post Icon
      MuscleMecca Sponsors

MuscleMecca Bodybuilding advertising
      MuscleMecca.com
      Your Bodybuilding,
      Diet, Nutrition and Fitness,
      Steroids, Testosterone and Bodybuilding Chemical, Competition
      Muscle Building Community

Support MuscleMecca Bodybuilding Forums and Visit Our Muscle Sponsors

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Re: Planking for your Abs

Yes, planks are very effective when you want to work on your abs. It may look easy but let me break it to you that it's very hard to stay in that plank position for 2 minutes straight. It's better to go at it either in 30 seconds session under 2 minutes overall time.

I do both elbow planks and full arm push up position plank. It's very effective for abs development.

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Quote Originally Posted by Heatman View Post
    Yes, planks are very effective when you want to work on your abs. It may look easy but let me break it to you that it's very hard to stay in that plank position for 2 minutes straight. It's better to go at it either in 30 seconds session under 2 minutes overall time.

I do both elbow planks and full arm push up position plank. It's very effective for abs development.
    I see. Would you say you would notice results after two weeks doing such kind of exercise? I might try this out.

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

I first heard of that word from my niece. Her problem was her tummy and she said that planking makes her tummy muscles stronger. Even if she doesn't have abs but at least there is no bulge in her middle. I haven't tried it yet but since I am doing push up in the morning then probably it is a good idea to try planking. Anyway my problem with my tummy is the bulge although it is still manageable for now.

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Icon13 Re: Planking for your Abs

Quote Originally Posted by NoviceNinja View Post

I see. Would you say you would notice results after two weeks doing such kind of exercise? I might try this out.
    For the first two weeks all I can guarantee that you will be able to to feel is pains in your forearm and abdominal muscles. The plank drill definitely works but it's not that too fast if you are doing it alone. Try and combine it with crunches.

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

For the first two weeks all I can guarantee that you will be able to to feel is pains in your forearm and abdominal muscles. The plank drill definitely works but it's not that too fast if you are doing it alone. Try and combine it with crunches.
    I see. I'll try that out. I hope I can get good results within a month. Thanks, my friend.

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

I see. I'll try that out. I hope I can get good results within a month. Thanks, my friend.
    If you are very consistent within a month of doing the plank and crunches drills for abs muscles, I'm very convinced that you are going to witness a good change in your abs.

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

That would be great as I will be engaging in a couple of sexy time with someone these coming months, LOL.

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

That would be great as I will be engaging in a couple of sexy time with someone these coming months, LOL.
    Haha, you are working on your abs to impress your lady? It's cool actually if you can achieve it because from my observations, girls love a guy with abs, big forearms and wider chest.

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Haha, you are working on your abs to impress your lady? It's cool actually if you can achieve it because from my observations, girls love a guy with abs, big forearms and wider chest.
    She is not my lady yet, but I think it might go that way. Best to be prepared than sorry, right? LOL.

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

She is not my lady yet, but I think it might go that way. Best to be prepared than sorry, right? LOL.
    It's obvious that you believe that she is attracted to men with good body structure and abs which is why you are working hard to build your body.

Anyways good luck mate and I hope your workout pays off.

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

It's obvious that you believe that she is attracted to men with good body structure and abs which is why you are working hard to build your body.

According to her, she loves a guy who is SMEXY, a term meaning smart and sexy. I can work out to have abs, but I am not sure if I can get more intelligent in time though. I'll shoot you a PM and let you know, haha. Thanks, man.

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

According to her, she loves a guy who is SMEXY, a term meaning smart and sexy. I can work out to have abs, but I am not sure if I can get more intelligent in time though. I'll shoot you a PM and let you know, haha. Thanks, man.
    Alright mate, I will be waiting to hear how you progressed with the planks and crunches for your abs workout, hopefully you are going meet and get your girl.

I hope that you have been consistent with the planking because if you are not, it's definitely going to be hard to get any desired effects as soon as possible.

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

To give an update, I've done planking for 60 days for 5 minutes a day. I also eat one meal a day too. Somehow, I feel I have an improvement, so I will continue to do this for the next 60 days as well. I would like to have poster abs before I go on a trip.

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Definitely, planks are the best workout drill one can focus on in order to get the best out of time dedicated to working out. There are other drills that can help with abs development but planks are the safest means to use. There have been many complaints about back pains with sit ups and crunches but with planks, you don't experience such.

Mecca V.I.P.
    Height
    5'9"
    Weight
    Biceps

Chest

Waist

You have to make sure that you clench your abs and butt muscles like Scott Herman says. If all you do is stabilize yourself without firmly clenching those muscles as tightly as you can, it doesn't do very much good at all.

Without cleansing those muscles, I actually consider being in a push-up plank to be a rest position. I can do that indefinitely. But once I clench the ABS and butt muscles, that's when I can only do it for a minute or less.

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Quote Originally Posted by cybrsage View Post
    You have to make sure that you clench your abs and butt muscles like Scott Herman says. If all you do is stabilize yourself without firmly clenching those muscles as tightly as you can, it doesn't do very much good at all.

Without cleansing those muscles, I actually consider being in a push-up plank to be a rest position. I can do that indefinitely. But once I clench the ABS and butt muscles, that's when I can only do it for a minute or less.
    You are absolutely correct with that assertion on making sure that you get your positioning well when taking plank drills. Once you fail to take the form well, there is no way of getting the best result out of the drills as it will would be 80% waste of time, energy and effort.

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

To give an update, I've done planking for 60 days for 5 minutes a day. I also eat one meal a day too. Somehow, I feel I have an improvement, so I will continue to do this for the next 60 days as well. I would like to have poster abs before I go on a trip.
    Consistency is what matters so much with any kind of workouts. At long as you are willing to go at it every day without taking long periods of time off will definitely help you achieve your goals sooner than later.

Abs are hard to develop but commitment helps so much in getting it done faster.

• MuscleMecca Sponsors

MuscleMecca Bodybuilding advertising
      MuscleMecca.com
      Your Muscle Building,
      Power Lifting, Weight Training
      Steroids, Testosterone and Bodybuilding Chemical,
      Bodybuilding Forum

We stand behind our bodybuilding products and assure QUALITY

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

collapse Posting Permissions