Register

Mecca Maniac bodybuilding reputation Kakashi2020's Avatar
    Weight
    187lbs
    Biceps

Chest

Waist

What's your take on Stevia?

Stevia is a sugar substitute that has no calories and is 200 times more potent than sugar, so that means it's super sweet. A lot of people are using it as a sugar substitute and as a healthier alternative although there's a great divide in medical research circles in which some say that it's healthy and safe while others say that it can cause serious health issues like kidney failure, allergic reactions and even cancer.

•   bodybuilding Post Icon
      MuscleMecca Sponsors

MuscleMecca Bodybuilding advertising
      musclemecca.com
      Your Bodybuilding,
      Diet, Nutrition and Fitness,
      Supplements, Testosterone and Bodybuilding Chemical, Competition
      Muscle Building Community

Support MuscleMecca Bodybuilding Forums and Visit Our Muscle Sponsors

Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation Folk Artist's Avatar
    Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Re: What's your take on Stevia?

Stevia is a herb and originally from South America but now grows throughout the world. Its pretty sweet but dosen't raise blood sugar levels like sugar or other artificial sweeteners. I would stay away from the powdered stevia sweeteners though, because they go through processing from bleaching to chemical alteration. Stevia in dried leaf or tincture made from leaf form is safe though.

Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation Alexandoy's Avatar
    Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Re: What's your take on Stevia?

We have a family friend who invited us for a tour of a stevia farm in the nearby province. Unfortunately, I was not able to go due to some other pressing obligations. From my friend's knowledge, stevia is a good substitute for sugar because it has no real sweet ingredients like glucose and fructose. And regarding the ill effects of stevia, there is no thorough study yet and probably it will take a long time before researchers can come up with a conclusive study. For now, stevia is considered a harmless herb.

collapse Posting Permissions