• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

What's your take on Stevia?

Kakashi2020

Kakashi2020

Stevia is a sugar substitute that has no calories and is 200 times more potent than sugar, so that means it's super sweet. A lot of people are using it as a sugar substitute and as a healthier alternative although there's a great divide in medical research circles in which some say that it's healthy and safe while others say that it can cause serious health issues like kidney failure, allergic reactions and even cancer.

Folk Artist

Folk Artist

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Stevia is a herb and originally from South America but now grows throughout the world. Its pretty sweet but dosen't raise blood sugar levels like sugar or other artificial sweeteners. I would stay away from the powdered stevia sweeteners though, because they go through processing from bleaching to chemical alteration. Stevia in dried leaf or tincture made from leaf form is safe though.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
We have a family friend who invited us for a tour of a stevia farm in the nearby province. Unfortunately, I was not able to go due to some other pressing obligations. From my friend's knowledge, stevia is a good substitute for sugar because it has no real sweet ingredients like glucose and fructose. And regarding the ill effects of stevia, there is no thorough study yet and probably it will take a long time before researchers can come up with a conclusive study. For now, stevia is considered a harmless herb.