• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Dont Eat Margarine

Kakashi2020

Kakashi2020

Margarine contains a lot of trans fat which can increase the risk of death by stroke, heart disease and diabetes by 35 percent. That's why I'm eating butter.

Did you know that Butter is made out of butterfat of milk while Margarine is made out of cheap vegetable oil and water accounts to 70 percent of it. Colorings and flavorings are then added for a more palatable look and taste. Margarine was originally made out of beef fat to create a more cheaper version of butter.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
To be honest about the margarine and butter issue, I am really confused because I would come across an article that says margarine is good for the heart and you should avoid butter. And then I would chance upon another article that says butter is better. So which is which, really? My take on the issue is to eat what I want. We use margarine for cooking and we seldom use it as spread for bread while it is always butter when we need something to be on the toast or even for toppings of fried broccoli.

Folk Artist

Folk Artist

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Margarine usually tops butter when it comes to heart healthy, and margarine is made from vegetable oils so it contains unsaturated fat- the good fats. Butter is made from animal fats, so it contains more saturated fat. All margarines are not created equal though and some contain trans fat- so the stick margarines usually have more fat than the tub ones do.

Mildredtabitha

Mildredtabitha

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I've never know that thanks for the advice.But I think eating margarine once in a while isn't bad.Since margarine contains vitamins too that may not be found in butter.