Your first visit?
Register

Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation Alexandoy's Avatar
    Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

UFC lightweight title fight - McGregor vs Nurmagomedov

UFC has announced that Conor McGregor will be back to the UFC octagon in October to get back the lightweight belt from current champion Khabib Nurmagomedov. But unlike before when it took just 2 rounds for McGregor to snatch the lightweight belt from Eddie Alvarez, this time Khabib will be a hard nut to crack. Touted to not having lost a round in his mixed martial arts career, Khabib is an excellent grappler that can give McGregor a run for his money.

Similar Bodybuilding Threads:

•   bodybuilding Post Icon
      MuscleMecca Sponsors

MuscleMecca Bodybuilding advertising
      musclemecca.com
      Your Bodybuilding,
      Diet, Nutrition and Fitness,
      Supplements, Testosterone and Bodybuilding Chemical, Competition
      Muscle Building Community

Support MuscleMecca Bodybuilding Forums and Visit Our Muscle Sponsors

Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation Alexandoy's Avatar
    Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Re: UFC lightweight title fight - McGregor vs Nurmagomedov

Ticket sales for the McGregor vs Nurmagomedov fight is getting brisk for the seats in T-Mobile arena in Las Vegas. The cheapest ticket is offered at $205 while the most expensive seat costs $2,505. This fight promises to be the biggest in terms of pay-per-view subscriptions. And what is your take on the fight? My money goes to Khabib because his contradicting style to the striking style of McGregor is an advantage. Once he gets McGregor down then that will be the end for the Irish legend.

Mecca Maniac bodybuilding reputation NoviceNinja's Avatar
    Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

How come Khabib fights so many fighters on losing streaks? Check his fight record. Most of his fights were against opponents with lousy fight records and usually on losing streaks. Itís not like his career consists of fighting world class fighters. Connor McGregor has fought way better fighters in his career and won them. There's a reason Connor has been champ twice in 2 weight classes, and Khabib has not. He has never beaten a champion fighter too with the champion's belt. He was handed the belt by fighting a guy who has a 1-day notice who didnít deserve a title shot either.

Mecca Maniac bodybuilding reputation
    Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Will this fight even happen? We all know McGregor is full suprises, like the bus assault and some other legal matters. I just hope he does nothing stupid to compromise the fight with Khabib.

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

My take on the fight is mysterious. It's not an ordinary fight and Khabib is not an ordinary fighter either. Take note that Conor loses energy after 2 rounds and the style of Khabib will be exhausting for Conor unless he knocks out Khabib in the first round. I am wondering how Conor can defend the takedowns.

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

The fight was getting interesting when suddenly Nurmagomedov was able to position for a rear-naked choke that McGregor was forced to tap in surrender. It was all Nurmagomedov in rounds 1 and 2 but McGregor was getting his bearings in rounds 3 and 4 until that fateful end. The fault of McGregor is his weakness in takedowns which is the specialty of Nurmagomedov who is the favorite in the betting odds. But it was not the end of the story. When the referee separated the fighters as if declaring a TKO win by Nurmagomedov, the Russian champion went out of the octagon to confront the team mate of McGregor. It was as if hell broke loose. Two team mates of Nurmagomedov got into the octagon and one was able to hit the unsuspecting McGregor. The fighters were led out of the arena. Although the result was officially announced by Bruce Buffer, the belt was not given to Nurmagomedov.

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

UFC president Dana White says that Khabib and his team mates are in big trouble for the melee that they created after the fight with McGregor. The Nevada Athletic Commissioner Bob Bennet said that the $2 million purse of Khabib Nurmagomedov is being withheld following an in-depth investigation on the post-fight chaos. White added that there will be fines to be paid and it will not be simple penalties.

Mecca Maniac bodybuilding reputation Kakashi2020's Avatar
    Weight
    187lbs
    Biceps

Chest

Waist

Quote Originally Posted by Alexandoy View Post
    UFC president Dana White says that Khabib and his team mates are in big trouble for the melee that they created after the fight with McGregor. The Nevada Athletic Commissioner Bob Bennet said that the $2 million purse of Khabib Nurmagomedov is being withheld following an in-depth investigation on the post-fight chaos. White added that there will be fines to be paid and it will not be simple penalties.
    It is said that during the fight racial and religious slurs where hurled by McGregor's camp and Khabib being a follower of Islam was insulted and that started the brawl after the fight. I do think McGregor's time is finished. He was clearly outclassed, the match showed McGregor's lack of skill.

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

The purse of Khabib is still on hold, UFC says it is $2 million while in another report it said $1.5 million. Khabib said in a press conference that he does not care if UFC will not give him his purse. He just hope that the money will gag on their throats. Russian president Putin gave Khabib an audience and as expected he sided with the fighter regarding the issue of the brawl. It looks like the plot is thickening much more with the hint that UFC might strip Khabib of the title.

• MuscleMecca Sponsors

MuscleMecca Bodybuilding advertising
      musclemecca.com
      Your Bodybuilding,
      Powerlifting, Weight Training
      Supplements, Testosterone and Bodybuilding Chemical,
      Bodybuilding Forum

Steroidify

Napsgear

MusclePay

collapse Posting Permissions