• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Sport Drinks are Healthier than Water

Kakashi2020

Kakashi2020

There's a lot of Sport Drinks out in the market and when your working out and sweating heavily it's always best to hydrate yourself. Although water is generally the natural choice for rehydration sport drinks tends to be the better choice because it contains electrolytes, sugar and salts along with vitamins and minerals sport drinks can rehydrate the body better and faster than normal water.

What is your take on sport drinks?

Folk Artist

Folk Artist

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
If you are exercising for long periods of time, sports drinks do help you replace electrolytes(sodium and potassium) and carbohydrates and maybe that makes them better than water- but only if you exercise for long periods of time(especially in the heat), like for a hour. Extra calories from a sports drinks can contribute to weight gain though, and extra sodium in the sports drinks can give you high blood pressure over time, so you could stick with water if you do not exercise so much.

acehealth001

acehealth001

Banned
I have seen sports drinks that are made by healthy drinks companies like del monte. I looked at their nutrition info and they include magnesium ang potassium plus other essential minerals and vitamins. But then again, it's still water for me or coconut juice that is not only healthy and natural but realatively cheaper too.

tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
You reminded me of Idiocracy the movie and how they substituted water with some sort of Gatorade.

"d'oh it's got ELECTROLYTESSS"

Last edited by a moderator:
TalkAdmin

TalkAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
Staff
Sports drinks are crap. You are better off drinking water.. Electrolytes like Potassium.. just eat a banana.

Anyways, thanks for posting!

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
What I understand with sports drinks is that they are also called energy drink. Correct me if I’m wrong on that assumption. There was an athlete who was training under the aegis of the government sports agency. He was staying in the sports center and his main fare, in order to save money, is instant noodles and energy drink. When he developed kidney failure, the doctors blamed the instant noodles. But one doctor suspects the energy drink has something to do with the issue. Anyway, I would prefer plain water than sports drinks because water is cheap and safe.

NoviceNinja

NoviceNinja

I think sports drinks are better if you exercise for a more extended period. It not only aids the body reach optimal performance during exercise but also give us that extra carbohydrate punch when fuel levels have been tapped but can be essential for correctly managing an endurance body functions.