• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Are Hotdogs Healthy?

Kakashi2020

Kakashi2020

Hotdogs generally are not healthy food. Although it has protein, you have to remember that the meat cut used to made it are fatty plus the high sodium content cancels off any protein benefits it may have.

Folk Artist

Folk Artist

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
No matter how healthy they say hot dogs are, it's still processed meat and that gives you higher odds for coronary heart disease, but gone are the days that they were made with mysterious meats. The Department of Agriculture say that they must be made of real meat- like beef, chicken, pork, turkey or some combination of these. You need to eat healthier hot dogs with less than 150 calories, fewer than 14 grams(no more than 6 grams saturated) of fat and sodium should not exceed 450 milligrams as well.

acehealth001

acehealth001

Banned
When I eat hotdogs I am aware that these are processed foods and thus not good for my body but good for my taste. But we eat them anyway from time to time in the same way we eat cotton candies and other fancy foods for fun, not for nutrition.

BigHulk

BigHulk

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
hotdogs are shit. simple

macedog24

macedog24

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Hotdogs are made from all the scraps that are left over. Ears, snouts, buttholes, bones, cartilage, skin, arteries. All the good leftover stuff. Made from beef, pork, chicken, even turkey. Gobble gobble!!
Hot dogs normally contain around 10% actual meat.

to7update

to7update

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
When I eat hotdogs I am aware that these are processed foods and thus not good for my body but good for my taste. But we eat them anyway from time to time in the same way we eat cotton candies and other fancy foods for fun, not for nutrition.

lol pretty much, hotdogs and many other foods have no nutritional value whatsoever.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I grew up with hotdog on the table during good times. It was a great treat for me and my siblings. My take on hotdogs regarding health is moderation. If you don't eat excessively then it is just all right because our body has the cleansing power to remove toxins and unwanted elements.

NoviceNinja

NoviceNinja

I eat hotdogs almost every day, and we have a pile of it stored on our freezer. I am well aware that it's not the healthiest thing in the world however it's excellent comfort food, easy to cook and somehow manages to make me full for the time being. I usually dip it with mayonnaise and rice (some prefer catsup).

Mildredtabitha

Mildredtabitha

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I actually think hotdogs are not healthy.They are among fast foods and eating a lot of it may be harmful and can cause weight gain.Try limiting yourself from eating it.