• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Are Mushrooms good for weight-loss?

Kakashi2020

Kakashi2020

A vegetarian friend of mine told me that substituting mushrooms for meat in dishes will ultimately result in weight-loss because it has very low fat and carbohydrates. The protein content of 100 grams of button mushrooms is only 3.1 grams compared to chicken which is about 35 grams. Also mushrooms can be made to taste like meat and it's better tasting than tofu.

Folk Artist

Folk Artist

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Mushrooms do have many health benefits and they are low in calories- also fairly high in protein and can provide a good source of fiber and many nutrients as well, so they can be good for weight loss. A diet known as the M-Plan diet is big with celebrities, and focuses eatimg meals rich in mushrooms.

A

Athanas

Since they contain more protein and less fat, I think they could play a vital role in weight loss.

Mildredtabitha

Mildredtabitha

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I really don't think mushroom can help to lose weight. But for vegetarians as mentioned on the original post, cabbage and asparagus is the best for losing weight quickly.

S

SolidSa

Mushroom is a excellent source of fibre and protein. It's very low in calories and it's nutrients help to regulate glucose levels and helps in fat burn.

C

Charles

With mushrooms, you can't go wrong. They're cholesterol-free, fat-free, low-sodium, low-calorie, and sodium-free. In addition, they're high in fiber, vitamins, and minerals.