• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Eating One Meal a Day

Kakashi2020

Kakashi2020

I came across an article about a diet in which you would eat only one meal a day, and you can eat anything you want on that meal. What are your thoughts about this diet?

NoviceNinja

NoviceNinja

I do this all the time way back in college, and it works. For sure, you will be thinner in no time. I was so skinny during those days (compared to now). What I do is skip breakfast and lunch to study and attend classes. The only time I get to eat a full meal is when I arrive at home, and that is around 8 in the evening. Of course, I tend to eat a single hamburger during breaks every once in a while, but I don't think that counts, right?

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
That one meal a day will definitely make you lose weight faster than any other kind of diet because the body will burn the calories when you are not eating. And that's a lot of time that you are not eating so maybe you can lose 1 to 2 pounds in a day. However, I don't think it is wise to do the workout when you are only eating once a day. Your strength will definitely be affected by the lack of food.

Folk Artist

Folk Artist

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I think skipping a meal or even two, can cause you to be very "Hangry" though- this is a combination of hunger and anger that makes you hard to be around during the day. Maintaining the fasting state into the day can also leave us feeling low in energy, unable to think straight, and very irritable as well. When you do eat, you could overeat or make poor food choices.

NoviceNinja

NoviceNinja

That one meal a day will definitely make you lose weight faster than any other kind of diet because the body will burn the calories when you are not eating. And that's a lot of time that you are not eating so maybe you can lose 1 to 2 pounds in a day. However, I don't think it is wise to do the workout when you are only eating once a day. Your strength will definitely be affected by the lack of food.

Definitely! Working out having an empty stomach is suicide. You'll feel helpless and immobilized if you do that. However, you might not get through with the workout anyhow because you simply lack the energy.

Mildredtabitha

Mildredtabitha

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I don't think its good to eat one meal in a day.Especially if you do so much activities during the day.One may lack energy to do their work.

Joe Pietaro

Joe Pietaro

Joe Pietaro Contributer
VIP
Author
You're be much better served eating four or five smaller meals per day, limiting your carbs and fats to the 'good' variety and keeping the protein high. Your body will go into starvation mode with such long periods without food and begin to store the fat.