• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

What's the best time to workout, before or after meals?

Kakashi2020

Kakashi2020

When is the best time for a workout, is it before a meal or afterwards? Some people suggests that it's best to time your workout after having a meal while others believe that having a workout before a meal is the best. What's your take on this?

NoviceNinja

NoviceNinja

I think it's way better to exercise before a meal. Working out immediately after a meal is not good for you. Plus, as for me, I usually have this tendency to be sleepy right after eating, so I choose to work out before devouring on food.

Folk Artist

Folk Artist

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I have heard that when completing something like a one-hour workout, that you can burn more fat when eating very little or nothing before a workout- and exercising more in a fasted state, had a more positive impact on their metabolism as well- so try to eat after a workout if you can.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
In my case, it is not good to do the workout before meals because I tend to get indigestion especially when I am famished and had more than my quota of food. But after a meal, I have to take at least 2 hours for the food to be digested before indulging in heavy physical activity. That way, I feel normal with the workout and my tummy will not be bothering me.

Mildredtabitha

Mildredtabitha

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Its just before a meal since you can easily throw up all the food when doing a lot of exercise. Its also good before meals since the exercises make you to have a lot appetite I reccomend you do it before meals.