• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

New to serious bodybuilding, want advice!

punkrockftc

punkrockftc

I've worked out on and off for years. For the last 6 months I've gotten really serious about putting on weight and building muscle. I started at 138 and now I'm about 156lb. I want to get to 175lb. Reading some of the members talk here is pretty impressive how much knowledge y'all have about working out. I know my workouts are working cause I'm getting bigger but I'm wondering if there's anyone that would give me advice on learning to workout? Maybe best routines to use? Some kind of resources that can help me learn all the things some of you guys know? Where I can be making mistakes? Please any advice would be appreciated!

TalkAdmin

TalkAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
Staff
Welcome! There are many guys here who can help! Sounds like you are great so far!

punkrockftc

punkrockftc

Welcome! There are many guys here who can help! Sounds like you are great so far!
Man thanks a lot for the reply! Now I know I'm doing this thing right. Did I post this in the right forum? Is there any like books, stickies, articles or free resources you guys can point me in the direction of that will help me learn more about body building and the important things I need to know?

KaiGold

KaiGold

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
It's the right forum. Welcome to the family!

Heatman

Heatman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I'm definitely sure that you will learn a lot from participating in the forum because ever since I joined here, I've already gotten more knowledge than I bargained when I joined.

You are highly welcome my friend.

punkrockftc

punkrockftc

I'm definitely sure that you will learn a lot from participating in the forum because ever since I joined here, I've already gotten more knowledge than I bargained when I joined.

Thanks for the welcome everyone. Well I hit the gym yesterday and had a GREAT workout. Do any of y'all have enough spare time to look at my routine and diet and tell me if I'm doing right?

KaiGold

KaiGold

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Feel free to post it and you will get feedback for sure.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
If your current workout is doing you good then I would suggest that you stay with it. As the saying goes, why fix it if it ain't broke? Perhaps the only thing I can add as an advice is to eat more good food with protein and always observe your body when it comes to muscle pains.

Heatman

Heatman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

Thanks for the welcome everyone. Well I hit the gym yesterday and had a GREAT workout. Do any of y'all have enough spare time to look at my routine and diet and tell me if I'm doing right?

I'm so delighted to hear that you had a great time at the gym. The beginning is always difficult but once you get to take the first step to visit the gym and get registered, it's going to spur your progress in the working out exercise.

Let me see your yesterday routine.

punkrockftc

punkrockftc

I'm so delighted to hear that you had a great time at the gym. The beginning is always difficult but once you get to take the first step to visit the gym and get registered, it's going to spur your progress in the working out exercise.

Thanks for all the comments guys! Ok. So as far as diet and routine.. Let's see. I'm 157 trying to get to 175. I've been 140 most my life. Because I'm working physically 12 hours a day in the sun it takes away my appetite.
I've been drinking 2 gallons of milk a day to get 5400 Cal's / day. That also gets me my protein. Otherwise I maybe eat a burger at dinner. Usually no breakfast or lunch. Just milk. No time for anything else. So far it seems to be working but I'm wondering if I should up it to 3 gallons a day I really want to get to 175. Supplements I take 10g of Creatine a day and 3g of now? Or l-arginine twice a day.

On routine. Lately Ive been working out less than normal. But basically my normal routine is like

Day 1 : chest, shoulders, back
Day 2: arms, triceps
Day 3: rest
Day 4: repeat OR rest another day if I feel tired or too sore.

I have not started legs yet aside from squats but I barely been doing those. I wanted to add squats, and dead lifts into my workouts.

I have a hard time knowing how much rest is to much or when I'm not getting enough.

My chest day the exercises I do is bench press, incline bench, decline bench. 3 sets of ten. I do cable crossovers (I think when you pull the cables in like a fly), military press, upright rows. Just started throwing pullups in. I shoot for 3 sets of ten on everything but if I feel I haven't gotten a good enough workout I'll add a 4th set with less weight and go-to failure.

Arms and triceps day I do dips, forearm curls, regular curls, dips, and don't know what you call it but I hold bar over my head and lower it behind my head with forearms than push it back up for triceps. (Skullcrushes?).

I'm sure I need a lot of help. I have been growing and I know my body is at the point where it can handle a more advanced routine. Right now I feel like I may not be doing enough exercises and could be accomplishing more. Like I said it's really tough for me to know how much rest is to much or not enough.

Guys any help at all I would love. I've been at this for about 6 months total although when I switched jobs after the first 3 months I stopped and lost a lot of weight and muscle. I've been on it strong for 3 months now though and really want to take this to the next level.

Thanks!

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Heatman

Heatman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

Thanks for all the comments guys! Ok. So as far as diet and routine.. Let's see. I'm 157 trying to get to 175. I've been 140 most my life. Because I'm working physically 12 hours a day in the sun it takes away my appetite.
I've been drinking 2 gallons of milk a day to get 5400 Cal's / day. That also gets me my protein. Otherwise I maybe eat a burger at dinner. Usually no breakfast or lunch. Just milk. No time for anything else. So far it seems to be working but I'm wondering if I should up it to 3 gallons a day I really want to get to 175. Supplements I take 10g of Creatine a day and 3g of now? Or l-arginine twice a day.

On routine. Lately Ive been working out less than normal. But basically my normal routine is like

Day 1 : chest, shoulders, back
Day 2: arms, triceps
Day 3: rest
Day 4: repeat OR rest another day if I feel tired or too sore.

I have not started legs yet aside from squats but I barely been doing those. I wanted to add squats, and dead lifts into my workouts.

I have a hard time knowing how much rest is to much or when I'm not getting enough.

My chest day the exercises I do is bench press, incline bench, decline bench. 3 sets of ten. I do cable crossovers (I think when you pull the cables in like a fly), military press, upright rows. Just started throwing pullups in. I shoot for 3 sets of ten on everything but if I feel I haven't gotten a good enough workout I'll add a 4th set with less weight and go-to failure.

Arms and triceps day I do dips, forearm curls, regular curls, dips, and don't know what you call it but I hold bar over my head and lower it behind my head with forearms than push it back up for triceps. (Skullcrushes?).

I'm sure I need a lot of help. I have been growing and I know my body is at the point where it can handle a more advanced routine. Right now I feel like I may not be doing enough exercises and could be accomplishing more. Like I said it's really tough for me to know how much rest is to much or not enough.

Guys any help at all I would love. I've been at this for about 6 months total although when I switched jobs after the first 3 months I stopped and lost a lot of weight and muscle. I've been on it strong for 3 months now though and really want to take this to the next level.

Thanks!

Your diet looks good to me, there is nothing wrong with it, if you keep it up with such manner, I'm sure that you won't have anything to worry about your meal.

Now from your workout routine, it's pretty clear that you are more focused on your upper body for the moment and as that happens to be the case, it's good as long as you try to add lower body drills sooner than later.

Increase your chest drills and weight lifting as much as you can but don't push yourself too much in order to avoid getting injury.

punkrockftc

punkrockftc

BTW what about Links to any guides, or resources? Can anyone recommend anything really good that I should read?

Heatman

Heatman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
BTW what about Links to any guides, or resources? Can anyone recommend anything really good that I should read?

Alright. I will look for good backlink tomorrow that will give you a decent article to read on how to improve your drills and body generally.

KaiGold

KaiGold

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Just use the search in the site.

Folk Artist

Folk Artist

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
You could always check out YouTube as well for some help when getting started with your weight training exercises- and this could get you going and working out, with some good advice from the master of bodybuilding, Arnold.

Heatman

Heatman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
There are so many places through which you can get lots of information on how to increase your cardio exercise and get the best out of it. You can use YouTube videos, I'm very sure that you are going to find some useful information.