• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Fish diet can make you weak

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Especially if you are a meat eater, indulging on fish only diet can make you weak. However, one practitioner of the fish diet said that the weak feeling is only for the first few days because your body will acclimatize with the diet within 3 or 4 days. Fish diet is good because it will drastically pull down the cholesterol level and even increase the body’s immunity against diseases. Not to forget, high blood pressure can also be controlled.

Folk Artist

Folk Artist

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Feeling weak could just be in your mind though- because beef, chicken, and fish are all excellant sources of protein. I think the downside of eating just fish all the time though, is that some fish are high in toxins like mercury. Usually the fish at the top of the food chain- I would stay away from, including king mackerel, marlin, orange roughy, ahi tuna, and bigeye tuna as well. Try to eat fish with lower mercury levels which includes salmon, tilapia, shrimp, tuna(canned light), cod, and catfish as well.

NoviceNinja

NoviceNinja

It could somehow be true. What I notice is when I only eat fish with rice for a meal, somehow I do not feel completely full. I still crave to eat more so sometimes I go out and buy a meal that contains meat on it. I think it's better to have eggs for dinner rather than fish.

Kakashi2020

Kakashi2020

I do agree that's why I seldom eat fish or shellfish because it's easily digestible and what happens is that evertime I eat it, I feel full for an hour or two then I would get hungry again, unlike when I'm eating meat like beef or pork, which takes a long time to digest. Beef, Pork and Chicken to me are more filling than seafoods.

NoviceNinja

NoviceNinja

Exactly. Eating seafood in general tend to make me less full even though I already have consumed an ample amount of it. Usually, my stomach is still craving for more a few hours after eating shrimps, mussels, squid, and even crabs. I only feel full and satisfied if my meal is ended with a glass of soda. I guess you're right and it has something to do with digestion.

G

GuestHu

Banned
There are benefits that can be acquired from a pescatarian diet, a fish-only diet. Fish and Seafood has vitamin D, omega-3 fatty acid, vitamin B12, and iron. However, the downside in eating fish only is that some types of fish have high mercury content. And Mercury is a neurotoxin and can cause detrimental effects on health, which includes muscle weakness, loss of peripheral vision, impaired fine motor skill, tremors, headaches, insomnia, and emotional changes. High levels of mercury in the blood can make the person at risk for long-term neurological damage. So, better have a balanced diet or follow the food pyramid: Eat less meat and sweets but eat a lot of veggies, fruits, and foods rich in carbohydrates.

Bravosi

Bravosi

Banned
It's true about fish, though eating it is very healthy, just not so good in particular for muslce growth. Talking from my own experience.

jeffreyjose48

jeffreyjose48

Banned
I believe that eating fish that has no gills and fins can make you weak. In order to be strong and have healthy body, meat from cows and sheep will be great food.

B

bourehim

I have to disagree fish is a low fat protein and filled with vitamins such as D and B2 and a lot of minerals, I think if you eat enough you'll feel full all day.