• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Jumping rope is too exhausting

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I don’t remember when the last time I did the jumping rope for exercise. Maybe 10 years ago? Now that I am thinking of using the jumping rope again to cut down on my weight, I was warned against it because of the pressure that it can give my bones particularly the knees and ankles. Now that gives me worries that a senior cannot indulge in strenuous physical activities anymore.

maj79

maj79

Jumping rope is a get HIIT activity. And to think when we was kids people did it all day. Lol now 5 mins is punishment lol

maj79

maj79

I don’t remember when the last time I did the jumping rope for exercise. Maybe 10 years ago? Now that I am thinking of using the jumping rope again to cut down on my weight, I was warned against it because of the pressure that it can give my bones particularly the knees and ankles. Now that gives me worries that a senior cannot indulge in strenuous physical activities anymore.

If you stay on your toes will it still cause a lot of joint stress

Heatman

Heatman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
You are very correct my friend with saying that jumping ropes is very exhausting. I can remember my experience with the exercise and it wasn't an easy one. Some people think that it's an easy drill but when you get into it, you will come to realize that it's a High intensity exercise. I think it's too much for older folks to get into but even if they must take part in it, it should done with a minimal rate.

NoviceNinja

NoviceNinja

I guess rather than using jumping ropes you can do jumping jacks instead but when you do it try to remove the "jump" aspect of it. It is excellent for moving the heart rate up, and toning the whole body. It is a complete exercise according to some.

Heatman

Heatman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

If you stay on your toes will it still cause a lot of joint stress

Exactly! I can still remember vividly how discomforting it was when I had my first joint injury in my knee and foot - toe injury. I literally couldn't wear my shoes for more than 3 weeks. It wasn't a funny experience for me that prefer wearing shoes too often.

Folk Artist

Folk Artist

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
It is a low cost way to build up your cardio fitness and they do say it's very good for athletes that do combat sports, boxing, and mixed martial arts as well. I would say for older people though, the ground impact of the exercise can put to much strain on the legs particularly the calves and ankles.

Heatman

Heatman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
It is a low cost way to build up your cardio fitness and they do say it's very good for athletes that do combat sports, boxing, and mixed martial arts as well. I would say for older people though, the ground impact of the exercise can put to much strain on the legs particularly the calves and ankles.

Exactly! Skipping is a high intensity workout, if you are very observant you will notice that boxers don't joke with rope skipping because it helps to improve their overall fitness, agility and quickness. It works on the arms, calf, and thigh mostly.