• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Losing weight and being fit

T

thestevenman

Hey guys,

I recently found out about this wonderful board and this is my first post here.

So basically my question is about losing weight and be fit: My weight gone up in the previous two days after almost a week of decline? (Below I am explaing the circumstances)

I'm 5 feet 11 inches tall and weigh 78 kilograms or 172 pounds. I am eating pretty much regular food, but I am trying to eat less while on diet. My everyday intake is about 1800 Cal and I work out every day for about 1:30 minutes. I check my weight every day in morning.

I started my weight-loss diet routine at the start of the last week and I already had some incredible downs, but my weight has gone up and I haven't changed anything about my diet or my workout routine.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Welcome to the club. My take on being fit is actually losing weight. What I mean is you try to lose weight in order to be fit. That's the concept of it although I know that the common idea is to lose weight in order to look good. Anyway, losing weight by workout is the best because you get fit on the way and the strength that you gained from the workout will benefit you in your dailyl work.

T

thestevenman

Thank you charlie and alex. Alex I am a daily runner and just started heavy workout exercises. I can’t afford to get a personal trainer, so I hope I will learn helpful things here.

T

thestevenman

Hello ArnoldS, I am following 1800 calorie diet plan which majorly includes Protein, Leafy Greens, Fruits and Vegetables.

Heatman

Heatman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
First and foremost, I would like to say congratulations on taking this step because it's most difficult step for anyone looking to lose weight makes. Now that you have began your journey to losing weight, just keep it up even when it's appearing that there isn't any positive results, just have it at the back of your mind sooner than later, things will start going well.

Good luck.

NoviceNinja

NoviceNinja

Less food, less sleep, more running, more stress. That is the recipe to lose weight. It's amazing how you keep track of your calorie intake. A lot of people including me don't even bother with it. Good job and good luck.

Heatman

Heatman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Less food, less sleep, more running, more stress. That is the recipe to lose weight. It's amazing how you keep track of your calorie intake. A lot of people including me don't even bother with it. Good job and good luck.

There is no doubt that having less sleep will be effective in getting one to lose weight very quickly but the sad truth is that when you deprive yourself of adequate sleep, it's definitely going to affect your general health. So, I wouldn't recommend having less sleep but a moderate one and then workout well as well as eat less food.

NoviceNinja

NoviceNinja

There is no doubt that having less sleep will be effective in getting one to lose weight very quickly but the sad truth is that when you deprive yourself of adequate sleep, it's definitely going to affect your general health. So, I wouldn't recommend having less sleep but a moderate one and then workout well as well as eat less food.

You are right, I stand corrected. But there are some instances and maybe circumstances wherein one can be deprived of sleep. It may be due to work, family, etc. You might lose weight at the time without even noticing it yourself. It's not good advice but it happens.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
to7update

to7update

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
It's all about incorporating a healthy diet and exercise into our life style or else forget it.

Heatman

Heatman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
It's all about incorporating a healthy diet and exercise into our life style or else forget it.

Exactly! It also involves having and living a healthy lifestyle and not just one's diet and exercise. When you eat well and exercise well but fail to lead a healthy lifestyle, it will ruin all your efforts.

Folk Artist

Folk Artist

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
You could also look into BMR(basal metabolic rate), and this could really boost your weight loss- if you can know your BMR, you can determine how to reduce your caloric intake, and weight loss will happen naturally. BMR is the calories that are needed to maintain basic bodily functions- these do not require any physical activities.

Heatman

Heatman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
You could also look into BMR(basal metabolic rate), and this could really boost your weight loss- if you can know your BMR, you can determine how to reduce your caloric intake, and weight loss will happen naturally. BMR is the calories that are needed to maintain basic bodily functions- these do not require any physical activities.

This is actually one good way to lose weight and with good exercise too, it's definitely going to be very effective in getting one to lose weight. Also you can start using OMAD diet and work on what you eat.

NoviceNinja

NoviceNinja

To TS, have you tried eating only one meal a day? Not eating after 6 PM - A lot of people I know practice this method, and some of them effectively lost weight in a month. I am not sure though if they also do exercise on the side, but I'm sure it'll help.

Heatman

Heatman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
To TS, have you tried eating only one meal a day? Not eating after 6 PM - A lot of people I know practice this method, and some of them effectively lost weight in a month. I am not sure though if they also do exercise on the side, but I'm sure it'll help.

What you are trying to recommend here is for the person to start OMAD and it's a very good way to lose weight and keep fit.

At first doing OMAD is very difficult but once your body gets used to it, you are definitely going to enjoy it. I'm still currently on OMAD till date.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

The after 6 diet is very effective when my wife tried it. However, she couldn't continue for a longer time because it goes against our lifestyle. Maybe if there is a dire need to lose a lot of weight then I would recommend the "after 6 diet" because it is one of the easiest. But OMAD is a different thing because you get to eat just once a day which means the fasting is fore 20 hours or more. That may go against the weak stomach where the acidity will be dominant.

NoviceNinja

NoviceNinja

The after 6 diet is very effective when my wife tried it. However, she couldn't continue for a longer time because it goes against our lifestyle. Maybe if there is a dire need to lose a lot of weight then I would recommend the "after 6 diet" because it is one of the easiest. But OMAD is a different thing because you get to eat just once a day which means the fasting is fore 20 hours or more. That may go against the weak stomach where the acidity will be dominant.

Alexandoy is right, the "after 6 diet" does not strictly restrict you to OMAD. You can have breakfast, lunch, or in-betweens whenever you like, you only don't eat after 18:00 hours and resume eating after 00:00 the next day. You can also try taking less water. Drinking water makes us bloated and that might cause your weight gain temporarily.

Heatman

Heatman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

Alexandoy is right, the "after 6 diet" does not strictly restrict you to OMAD. You can have breakfast, lunch, or in-betweens whenever you like, you only don't eat after 18:00 hours and resume eating after 00:00 the next day. You can also try taking less water. Drinking water makes us bloated and that might cause your weight gain temporarily.

If you are on OMAD, it's very difficult to not take a lot of liquid especially in your fasting window. It's very hard to control the craving, so the water helps you to manage your hunger till it's your eating period.

NoviceNinja

NoviceNinja

If you are on OMAD, it's very difficult to not take a lot of liquid especially in your fasting window. It's very hard to control the craving, so the water helps you to manage your hunger till it's your eating period.

I mean during the "after 6" diet aside from not eating any food after 18:00, you can also try not to take any liquid whatsoever. OMAD or One Meal A Day is a different kind of diet altogether.