Your first visit?
Register

Mecca Maniac bodybuilding reputation News Feed's Avatar
    Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

What is the difference between animal and plant proteins?

Protein is an essential part of the diet. It helps to build, repair, and maintain the body's structures. Foods derived from plants and animals can both provide protein, but there are some differences.
    Protein exists throughout the body, in everything from the muscles and organs to the bones, skin, and hair. The body does not store protein like it does other macronutrients, so this protein has to come from the diet.

Proteins are made up of amino acids. A person's body needs a balance of all 22 types of amino acids to function correctly.

The body cannot produce nine of these acids, called essential amino acids.

A complete protein source refers to a type of food that contains all nine.

Click here to view the full article.

Similar Bodybuilding Threads:

Last edited by TalkAdmin; 08-23-2018 at 10:15 AM.

•   bodybuilding Post Icon
      MuscleMecca Sponsors

MuscleMecca Bodybuilding advertising
      musclemecca.com
      Your Bodybuilding,
      Diet, Nutrition and Fitness,
      Supplements, Testosterone and Bodybuilding Chemical, Competition
      Muscle Building Community

Support MuscleMecca Bodybuilding Forums and Visit Our Muscle Sponsors

Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation Folk Artist's Avatar
    Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Re: What is the difference between animal and plant proteins?

Animal proteins are complete because they have all the essential amino acids, but plant proteins are not because they may lack one or more of the essential amino acids. Animal proteins have a lot more fat and saturated fat than the plant proteins though, and meat has other harmful compounds in it as well, so you might want to consider that as well.

Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation Heatman's Avatar
    Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Well, in a very simple answer, the difference between the two is that animal proteins comes from animal meat and plant proteins comes from plants. Now, if you break it down to the mineral contents of these protein sources, it appears that animal proteins are more complete than the ones available in plants.

Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation Alexandoy's Avatar
    Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

I admit my ignorance on proteins. To me, any protein is good as long as it is from fresh food and not from pills or powder. I don't think I lack protein because I am a meat eater and I also love nuts. In fact, walnuts and dates will be my snack today. Natural food is my recourse when it comes to vitamins and I haven't tried energy drinks yet until now.

Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation Heatman's Avatar
    Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Quote Originally Posted by Alexandoy View Post
    I admit my ignorance on proteins. To me, any protein is good as long as it is from fresh food and not from pills or powder. I don't think I lack protein because I am a meat eater and I also love nuts. In fact, walnuts and dates will be my snack today. Natural food is my recourse when it comes to vitamins and I haven't tried energy drinks yet until now.
    I do take energy drinks from time to time especially when I'm into active workout. One of my favorite energy drink is red bull. I used to take power horse but choose red bull over it because it lightings me up real fast.

collapse Posting Permissions