• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

What is the difference between animal and plant proteins?

Bodybuilding News

Bodybuilding News

Protein is an essential part of the diet. It helps to build, repair, and maintain the body's structures. Foods derived from plants and animals can both provide protein, but there are some differences.
Protein exists throughout the body, in everything from the muscles and organs to the bones, skin, and hair. The body does not store protein like it does other macronutrients, so this protein has to come from the diet.

Proteins are made up of amino acids. A person's body needs a balance of all 22 types of amino acids to function correctly.

The body cannot produce nine of these acids, called essential amino acids.

A complete protein source refers to a type of food that contains all nine.

Click here to view the full article.

Last edited by a moderator:
Folk Artist

Folk Artist

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Animal proteins are complete because they have all the essential amino acids, but plant proteins are not because they may lack one or more of the essential amino acids. Animal proteins have a lot more fat and saturated fat than the plant proteins though, and meat has other harmful compounds in it as well, so you might want to consider that as well.

Heatman

Heatman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Well, in a very simple answer, the difference between the two is that animal proteins comes from animal meat and plant proteins comes from plants. Now, if you break it down to the mineral contents of these protein sources, it appears that animal proteins are more complete than the ones available in plants.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I admit my ignorance on proteins. To me, any protein is good as long as it is from fresh food and not from pills or powder. I don't think I lack protein because I am a meat eater and I also love nuts. In fact, walnuts and dates will be my snack today. Natural food is my recourse when it comes to vitamins and I haven't tried energy drinks yet until now.

Heatman

Heatman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I admit my ignorance on proteins. To me, any protein is good as long as it is from fresh food and not from pills or powder. I don't think I lack protein because I am a meat eater and I also love nuts. In fact, walnuts and dates will be my snack today. Natural food is my recourse when it comes to vitamins and I haven't tried energy drinks yet until now.

I do take energy drinks from time to time especially when I'm into active workout. One of my favorite energy drink is red bull. I used to take power horse but choose red bull over it because it lightings me up real fast.

Reactions: TalkAdmin
A

Athanas

Plant proteins are extracted from plants, for example groundnuts and beans. Animal proteins, on the other hand, are derived from animals such as poultry, beef, pork and mutton.

Reactions: TalkAdmin
TalkAdmin

TalkAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
Staff
Plant proteins are extracted from plants, for example groundnuts and beans. Animal proteins, on the other hand, are derived from animals such as poultry, beef, pork and mutton.
Good to see you back!

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk