• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

How much protein is too much?

Bodybuilding News

Bodybuilding News

Proteins are the most versatile molecules for the human body and are key to almost all biological processes. The average recommended dietary allowance for protein is calculated using the ratio of 1 gram of protein for every 1 kilogram of a person's body weight.
The recommended dietary allowance or RDA for protein depends on factors, such as:

pregnancy and breastfeeding
activity levels
Adults are generally recommended to eat 0.8 g per kilograms (kg) of body weight daily.

Click here to view the full article.

Last edited by a moderator:
Folk Artist

Folk Artist

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
The excess of protein is usually stored as fat while the surplus of amino acids is excreted, so this can lead to weight gain over time- also they say that eating lots of protein can give you bad breath as well. Eating a high protein diet for a long time is bad fot the kidneys- so the kidneys have to work harder to get rid of the extra nitrogen and waste products of protein metabolism.

Heatman

Heatman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
The question is why over eat too much of anything that you are consuming? It's not the right thing to do because you are definitely putting your health in jeopardy by eating too much of protein. Even though it helps to rebuild cells, too much of protein causes over weight.

T

thestevenman

Too much protein consumption can be harmful. It will only lead to fat and weight gain but also high cholesterol and risk of cardiovascular disease.

NoviceNinja

NoviceNinja

If TS permitted me, I would like to rephrase the question. Assuming I do not want to get into purchasing protein supplements and will only rely on consuming EGGS to be my source of protein. How many eggs should I eat a day to get my daily needs if I am currently working out and building muscle?

Heatman

Heatman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
If TS permitted me, I would like to rephrase the question. Assuming I do not want to get into purchasing protein supplements and will only rely on consuming EGGS to be my source of protein. How many eggs should I eat a day to get my daily needs if I am currently working out and building muscle?

Well, for starters fried eggs are not good. So, if you want to eat eggs, let it be boiled eggs because they are more better than fried ones. At least, I think 2 eggs in a day would be adequate to add the protein you need for your body to grow your dead cells well and put you in a good healthy shape.

NoviceNinja

NoviceNinja

Well, for starters fried eggs are not good. So, if you want to eat eggs, let it be boiled eggs because they are more better than fried ones. At least, I think 2 eggs in a day would be adequate to add the protein you need for your body to grow your dead cells well and put you in a good healthy shape.

I see. I know a few bodybuilders consume raw eggs and they eat it out of their shells without cooking it. They remove the egg yolk and only drink the juice in it. My friend used to do this, and he mixes the eggs with soda. Is this safe too?

Heatman

Heatman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

I see. I know a few bodybuilders consume raw eggs and they eat it out of their shells without cooking it. They remove the egg yolk and only drink the juice in it. My friend used to do this, and he mixes the eggs with soda. Is this safe too?

Personally, I used to take raw eggs before and I normally mix it with condensed milk, then drink it. I have never taken it alone because of how alive it tastes.

I stopped taking raw eggs when there was a case of bird flu and it was said to be transmitted through the eggs as well. So, I stopped taking raw eggs but take them fried or boiled.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
When you are overweight, you need to lessen your protein intake in order to help in reducing your weight. That's why I am amazed to see old people eating steak in the restaurant, that big cut of t-bone steak that is good for the young. My policy in eating is to eat moderately and quit when the stomach is full. Last night we were in a Korean restaurant for the samgyupsal. It is an unlimited dining of grilled pork right there on the table. But when I felt that I was not hungry anymore, I stopped ordering for more. I had 3 pieces of pork only and the waiter said the standard is 5 pieces for ordinary mortals.

Heatman

Heatman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
When you are overweight, you need to lessen your protein intake in order to help in reducing your weight. That's why I am amazed to see old people eating steak in the restaurant, that big cut of t-bone steak that is good for the young. My policy in eating is to eat moderately and quit when the stomach is full. Last night we were in a Korean restaurant for the samgyupsal. It is an unlimited dining of grilled pork right there on the table. But when I felt that I was not hungry anymore, I stopped ordering for more. I had 3 pieces of pork only and the waiter said the standard is 5 pieces for ordinary mortals.

It's not just protein that one should cut down on consuming when such individual is overweight, it basically applies to all food such person eats. A nutritionist once told me that carbohydrates also adds weight to our bodies especially when our body can't process all the sugar and have it stored. So, I simply try as much as possible to the best of my ability to keep my diet at minimal consumption.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
NoviceNinja

NoviceNinja

if ts permitted me, i would like to rephrase the question. Assuming i do not want to get into purchasing protein supplements and will only rely on consuming eggs to be my source of protein. How many eggs should i eat a day to get my daily needs if i am currently working out and building muscle?

well, for starters fried eggs are not good. So, if you want to eat eggs, let it be boiled eggs because they are more better than fried ones. At least, i think 2 eggs in a day would be adequate to add the protein you need for your body to grow your dead cells well and put you in a good healthy shape.

i see. I know a few bodybuilders consume raw eggs and they eat it out of their shells without cooking it. They remove the egg yolk and only drink the juice in it. My friend used to do this, and he mixes the eggs with soda. Is this safe too?

personally, i used to take raw eggs before and i normally mix it with condensed milk, then drink it. I have never taken it alone because of how alive it tastes.

I stopped taking raw eggs when there was a case of bird flu and it was said to be transmitted through the eggs as well. So, i stopped taking raw eggs but take them fried or boiled.

EGGCELLENT! You're a true EGGSPERT! :smile:

Heatman

Heatman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
if ts permitted me, i would like to rephrase the question. Assuming i do not want to get into purchasing protein supplements and will only rely on consuming eggs to be my source of protein. How many eggs should i eat a day to get my daily needs if i am currently working out and building muscle?

well, for starters fried eggs are not good. So, if you want to eat eggs, let it be boiled eggs because they are more better than fried ones. At least, i think 2 eggs in a day would be adequate to add the protein you need for your body to grow your dead cells well and put you in a good healthy shape.

i see. I know a few bodybuilders consume raw eggs and they eat it out of their shells without cooking it. They remove the egg yolk and only drink the juice in it. My friend used to do this, and he mixes the eggs with soda. Is this safe too?

personally, i used to take raw eggs before and i normally mix it with condensed milk, then drink it. I have never taken it alone because of how alive it tastes.

I stopped taking raw eggs when there was a case of bird flu and it was said to be transmitted through the eggs as well. So, i stopped taking raw eggs but take them fried or boiled.

EGGCELLENT! You're a true EGGSPERT! :smile:

Haha, eggs are very good especially if you are looking at having your body well fresh and nourished. The time I was still taking raw eggs, I would mixed it with condensed milk and shake it very well which gives it a creamy taste. Some people say it helps to improve sexual capacity in men but I'm sure about it.

Reactions: TalkAdmin