• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Essential stretches for warming up before a run

Bodybuilding News

Bodybuilding News

Stretching before running can warm up the muscles and loosen the joints, which can reduce the risk of injury and improve performance.
When it comes to preparing for a run, studies suggest that warming up with dynamic stretches can improve power and performance.

Static stretches are the "hold and stretch" variety, which involve holding a position for 5–10 seconds.

Dynamic stretches are active exercises developed to improve the range of motion. They also raise the temperature of the muscles and improve blood flow.

In this article, we look at six essential stretches to do before a run. We also describe which exercises are ineffective and discuss the do's and don'ts of stretching.

Click here to view the full article.

Last edited by a moderator:
Folk Artist

Folk Artist

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
You could jog for 5 minutes before you do your stretches to warm up and prime your muscles for your run- you should focus on the quads, hamstrings, and glutes. Also do some exercises to warm up your abs, back, and calf muscles. The video below has some good stretching exercises!

Last edited by a moderator:
Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
One cameraman in the local movies went straight to his workout. He bypassed the wam up because he was in a hurry. Now he had learned a hard lesson that warm up is an essential part of the workout. With his torn quadriceps that disabled him for 3 weeks I guess he will never rush to his workout again. Bending and stretching are good basic warm up exercises.

Heatman

Heatman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I normally try as much as possible to stretch all parts of my body before getting into any form of exercise because these stretches helps to put my muscles and blood circulation flowing well and prevent me from easily getting injured.

NoviceNinja

NoviceNinja

It's best to do stretching and bending on your knees and legs before a run. Extending your hips will also be good. Try to do these things before every work out to avoid injuries.

Heatman

Heatman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
It's best to do stretching and bending on your knees and legs before a run. Extending your hips will also be good. Try to do these things before every work out to avoid injuries.

Full stretch of the arms and legs are very important to do well before engaging in running because it's going to help get your feet and arms really ready for the long run. If you can skip rope a little bit, it would be good as well.