• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Tokyo Olympics in 2020 may scrap boxing

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
This is sad news for amateur boxing with the hint that the 2020 Olympics in Tokyo will not include boxing in the list of sports. The reason was due to rampant issues in judging that caused controversies and scandals. Even the Asian Games 2 years ago was not bereft of scandal. India's boxer Sarita Devi refused to receive her bronze medal because she believed that she defeated her South Korean opponent.

NoviceNinja

NoviceNinja

One of the sports, where the Philippines excels at and sends a lot of athletes. But if it's true that cheating, unfair judging, and match-fixing is happening, I'll support the notion and at least be part of the solution to make the Olympics credible again.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Last night was another black eye for amateur boxing. The light flyweight fight in the Asian Games was marred by a bad decision. Filipino Carlo Paalam was definitely ahead in all rounds with more punches landed but the Indian opponent was declared winner. It's really sad that boxing judges are not that objective anymore. Take note that there was a big Indian crowd in the gallery so maybe the 3 judges who voted for the Indian took into consideration the audience impact. Paalam got the nod of the 2 other judges.

NoviceNinja

NoviceNinja

Last night was another black eye for amateur boxing. The light flyweight fight in the Asian Games was marred by a bad decision. Filipino Carlo Paalam was definitely ahead in all rounds with more punches landed but the Indian opponent was declared winner. It's really sad that boxing judges are not that objective anymore. Take note that there was a big Indian crowd in the gallery so maybe the 3 judges who voted for the Indian took into consideration the audience impact. Paalam got the nod of the 2 other judges.

That is just utterly horrendous. How come you judge a boxing match based on the number of Indians in the crowd. That does not make any sense. If the Olympics is all about pleasing their subscribers, is all about money and not about talent and skills, then I am not watching it anymore.

Kakashi2020

Kakashi2020

Boxing is a sport where cheating is most prevalent. This is because of the judges and promoters who are in league with each other. But when it comes to Asian Games, Olympic Games, cheating in this sport becomes natural, that's why I stopped watching Olympic matches.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
As of the latest update, amateur boxing is not included in the 2020 Tokyo Olympics but boxing organizations are doing their best to appeal. The bad judging is the main reason for shelving the sport. I wonder why judges have to be biased in an amateur sport. I can understand the money involved in professional boxing but in amateur boxing there is not much money. And I don't think a country's sports organization will spend for the nod of the judges.

NoviceNinja

NoviceNinja

As of the latest update, amateur boxing is not included in the 2020 Tokyo Olympics but boxing organizations are doing their best to appeal. The bad judging is the main reason for shelving the sport. I wonder why judges have to be biased in an amateur sport. I can understand the money involved in professional boxing but in amateur boxing there is not much money. And I don't think a country's sports organization will spend for the nod of the judges.

I beg to disagree. A country's desire to win in the Olympics is much more of a motivation to spend on it. Even if there's less money involved and boxers are considered amateur, I believe the pride and prestige to win in the sport is reason enough.