• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Meyer apologizes to Courtney Smith in statement

Bodybuilding News

Bodybuilding News

Urban Meyer, in a lengthy statement posted to Twitter on Friday, apologized for his demeanor in a news conference two days earlier in which he spoke after it was announced he would be suspended for three games.
Urban Meyer has apologized to Courtney Smith, two days after not acknowledging her directly in a news conference at Ohio State announcing that he was suspended three games for mishandling allegations of domestic abuse by former assistant Zach Smith.

Meyer released a two-paragraph apology on his Twitter feed and through Ohio State's communications department Friday evening to say sorry to all women, men and families affected by relationship violence. More specifically, he apologized directly to Courtney Smith, the ex-wife of a former Buckeye coach who publicly claimed earlier this month that Meyer failed to act when she sought help for an allegedly abusive relationship.

"Let me say here and now what I should have said on Wednesday," Meyer wrote. "I sincerely apologize to Courtney Smith and her children for what they have gone through."

Click here to view the full article.

Last edited by a moderator:
Folk Artist

Folk Artist

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I am kind of glad that this ordeal is over, and that Urban Meyer has been suspended for 3 games for not taking sufficient management action relating to the former assistant coach's actions. Meyer is probably feeling better after admitting about not taking more action at the time as well, and he is looking forward to getting on with the rest of this college football season.