• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Is Eating KFC / Fried Chicken in general Healthy or Unhealthy?

Kakashi2020

Kakashi2020

I would really like to know your opinion if Fried Chicken specifically KFC is healthy or not?
I mean deep fried means a lot of excess oils but if it's fully drained, doesn't it mean you'll only get the major benefit of eating chicken which is protein?

I really think it's healthy eating KFC chicken, what's your take on this?

NoviceNinja

NoviceNinja

I guess it is somehow healthy. Fried chicken is usually the diet of most people working out. They avoid pork at all cost. Some say eating fried chicken is unhealthy too because traditional versions tend to be heavy in calories and fat. What others do is they remove the skin to have a healthier version of it.

Folk Artist

Folk Artist

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Eating a lot of fried chicken at KFC is not very good for you, because the meat and oil could lead to various heart and fat-related issues. If eating at KFC- you should try the roasted chicken caesar salad but watch putting to much dressing on it. Also try the roasted chicken BLT salad without dressing- the grilled chicken breast would be a good choice as well.

NoviceNinja

NoviceNinja

Eating a lot of fried chicken at KFC is not very good for you, because the meat and oil could lead to various heart and fat-related issues. If eating at KFC- you should try the roasted chicken caesar salad but watch putting to much dressing on it. Also try the roasted chicken BLT salad without dressing- the grilled chicken breast would be a good choice as well.

That is actually a pretty good recommendation. I might try that out sometime.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I also eat KFC chicken and that's usually our dinner when we failed to go to the market. But to be honest about it, I don't think it is a healthy food. First reason is the meat. Chicken meat is also a source of fats and cholesterol. Second reason is the way it is cooked. Fried meat is oily and greasy with the fats. The better alternative is the Kenny Rogers chicken or the Pollo Loco which are broiled.

Mildredtabitha

Mildredtabitha

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
It is unhealthy since it has got a lot of greasy fat and it is a fast food.I think one should limit their intake for KFC meat since its unhealthy.You can try cooking your own chicken in a healthy manner and also limit the amount you take in.