• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Is there a Healthy Doughnut?

Kakashi2020

Kakashi2020

I love eating Doughnuts, but nowadays I limit myself to the plain sugar raised or honey dipped ones. It's said that Doughnuts can make you fat and sometimes even obese.

Is there a really healthy doughnut variant?

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I had seen one documentary of a local restaurant that promotes organic food. Their bread and pastries are organic and healthy because they add vegetables like the moringa leaves of their bread. With the donut, it has a little bit of sugar and honey was the main sweetener. I cannot vouch if that is a healthy donut but that is their claim.

Folk Artist

Folk Artist

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
It would be some kind of donut that is baked and not fried- and a lady makes these healthy banana donuts with a chocolate glaze. They contain no eggs, refined flour or sugar. They have whole wheat flour and a tiny bit of cinnamon and nutmeg and she uses really ripe bananas-this is where the sweetness comes from. She adds vanilla stevia as well, a no-calorie sweetner, also the glaze is made and mixed togther with cocoa powder, milk and vanilla extract, a little more vanilla stevia is added as well. You can add chocolate chips, or sprinkes to top them off.

Mildredtabitha

Mildredtabitha

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Am not a chef but I think you can't eat doughnut without sugar placed in it.I think you should just avoid eating it regularly and take it once in a while.

sweerie_banana

sweerie_banana

Moringa is added in pancakes too. And they are so delish. I do not think there are healthy doughnuts unless you make them yourself. It will be easier to substitute what you don't what with what else is required. What makes them unhealthy? The process of cooking? Is there a specific ingredient that you wouldn't like to consume? Is it the flour? So many conditions make them unhealthy. Please remember you are what you consume.

luri

luri

Banned
I also love Doughnuts, however, I also avoid eating Doughnuts because of the calorie inside the Doughnuts. Doughnuts are high in calories and saturated fats that can be very bad for you. Unless you make your own Doughnuts, you cannot find healthy Doughnuts. Store-bought Doughnuts are packed with sugar and saturated fats. By the way, making Doughnuts is really easy. You can find a lot of recipes on youtube.

ashfitness365

ashfitness365

Indeed! There are a few, including:

• Coconut and Chocolate Chunk Banana Bread Doughnuts. ...
  • Baked Pumpkin Doughnuts With Coconut Maple Glaze. ...
  • Baked Apple Cider Protein Doughnuts. ...
  • Gluten-Free Banana Doughnuts. ...
  • Paleo Donuts With Cashew Cinnamon Glaze. ...
  • Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Doughnuts. ...
  • Banana-Chocolate Chip Doughnuts.

Cheers!

Joe Pietaro

Joe Pietaro

Joe Pietaro Contributer
VIP
Author
Treat yourself once in a while to junk food, especially if your diet is pretty clean. They can masque crap tasty food as being 'healthy,' but it's really just less bad for you and taste like plastic. Have a real doughnut on Sunday morning; it's not going to kill you.

L

lokielovesbunny

I think doughnut which is prepared with refined bread can not be the healthy one, but we can eat once in a blue moon, I have been eating all those high calories diets and all, and my weight is subtle I don't know why but maybe I do intense training or may I walk a lot, every day I walk around 5 hrs in total as my work is to meet people door to door. Not only this but consuming sugar is something that we all should avoid but I am consuming it a lot.