Height
    5'9-1/2"
    Weight
    187lbs
    Biceps

Chest

Waist

Eating Peanuts is not that healthy

If your suffering from gout or arthritis you should limit your intake of peanuts because it has "purines" a compound that metabolizes into uric acid. Although red meat contains the highest level of purines, peanuts when eaten and snack upon regularly can give you a lot of uric acid which can worsen gout and arthritis.

Similar Bodybuilding Threads:

•   bodybuilding Post Icon
      MuscleMecca Sponsors

MuscleMecca Bodybuilding advertising
      musclemecca.com
      Your Bodybuilding,
      Diet, Nutrition and Fitness,
      Supplements, Testosterone and Bodybuilding Chemical, Competition
      Muscle Building Community

Support MuscleMecca Bodybuilding Forums and Visit Our Muscle Sponsors

Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation Folk Artist's Avatar
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Re: Eating Peanuts is not that healthy

If you have gout you should limit your intake of high-purine foods, but peanuts and nuts fall into the low-purine group. You should always drink lots of fluids if you are eating moderate or high-purine foods though. Some high-purine foods to avoid if you have gout are organ meats, anchovies, mackeral, mussels, dried beans, asparagus and gravy.

Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation Alexandoy's Avatar
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

The former undersecretary of the department of health here said that nuts have proteins and are good for the body. Don't believe that they can cause gout or arthritis. Dr. Galvez-Tan added that the enemy of arthritis are the beef innards like intestines and tripe. I am a nut eater and I don't feel anything on my joints.

Mecca Maniac bodybuilding reputation Kakashi2020's Avatar
    Height
    5'9-1/2"
    Weight
    187lbs
    Biceps

Chest

Waist

Quote Originally Posted by Folk Artist View Post
    If you have gout you should limit your intake of high-purine foods, but peanuts and nuts fall into the low-purine group. You should always drink lots of fluids if you are eating moderate or high-purine foods though. Some high-purine foods to avoid if you have gout are organ meats, anchovies, mackeral, mussels, dried beans, asparagus and gravy.
    You're right that peanuts are considered low purine but if your eating a lot of it and regularly at that then the purine buildup will eventually make you sick. So it's best not to eat peanuts daily.

collapse Posting Permissions