• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Eating Peanuts is not that healthy

Kakashi2020

Kakashi2020

If your suffering from gout or arthritis you should limit your intake of peanuts because it has "purines" a compound that metabolizes into uric acid. Although red meat contains the highest level of purines, peanuts when eaten and snack upon regularly can give you a lot of uric acid which can worsen gout and arthritis.

Folk Artist

Folk Artist

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
If you have gout you should limit your intake of high-purine foods, but peanuts and nuts fall into the low-purine group. You should always drink lots of fluids if you are eating moderate or high-purine foods though. Some high-purine foods to avoid if you have gout are organ meats, anchovies, mackeral, mussels, dried beans, asparagus and gravy.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
The former undersecretary of the department of health here said that nuts have proteins and are good for the body. Don't believe that they can cause gout or arthritis. Dr. Galvez-Tan added that the enemy of arthritis are the beef innards like intestines and tripe. I am a nut eater and I don't feel anything on my joints.

Kakashi2020

Kakashi2020

If you have gout you should limit your intake of high-purine foods, but peanuts and nuts fall into the low-purine group. You should always drink lots of fluids if you are eating moderate or high-purine foods though. Some high-purine foods to avoid if you have gout are organ meats, anchovies, mackeral, mussels, dried beans, asparagus and gravy.

You're right that peanuts are considered low purine but if your eating a lot of it and regularly at that then the purine buildup will eventually make you sick. So it's best not to eat peanuts daily.