• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

First UFC women's flyweight title fight

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
On September 8 (US time) UFC will be having its first ever title fight for the women's flyweight division. Ultimate Fighter winner Nicco Montano will be facing veteran Valentina Schevchenko. With a 15-3 fight record, Shevchenko stands as the crowd favorite against Montano who sports a 5-2 win-loss record. It will be a good fight to watch for those who love strikers.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I have seen the primer of this upcoming fight for the UFC women's flyweight title. Nicco Montano currently holds the belt when she won the vacant title in the finals of the UFC's Ultimate Fighter finals against Roxanne Modafferi. But now she would be facing Shevchenko who had defeated Holly Holm who was the former bantamweight champion who dethroned Ronda Rousey. That's food for thought.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I have no news about this fight and it looks like it did not proceed as expected. This may be like the fight of UFC bantamweight Amanda Nunes against an opponent that slipped my mind. Nunes got hospitalized hence the fight was cancelled.

Kakashi2020

Kakashi2020

This fight between Montano and Chevchenko didn't push thru, it was cancelled a day before the fight. It seems that Montano had difficulty in the weight cut and was rushed to the hospital for some complications.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
This fight between Montano and Chevchenko didn't push thru, it was cancelled a day before the fight. It seems that Montano had difficulty in the weight cut and was rushed to the hospital for some complications.

Thanks for the info. It seems that UFC fighters are now having an issue with the weight cut. One fighter named Eddie Alvarez who is a lightweight said that his normal weight is 190 pounds and he had to make a drastic cut when he has a fight. I think there should be a rule to discourage that sudden weight cut that can affect their health.