• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Is Eating One Meal A Day an Effective weight-loss Diet?

Kakashi2020

Kakashi2020

There's a diet called One Meal A Day in which you don't eat anything for 23 hours and eat anything you like in a 1 hour window. It's called OMAD or One Meal A Day diet. What's your take on this?

Folk Artist

Folk Artist

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
This diet may result in rapid weight loss but there are serious risks for people with underlying medical conditions that eat just once a day- the people with diabetes or low blood sugar need to eat regular meals throughout the day to avoid any problems. I would just try to eat a balanced diet throughout the day and get regular exercise, because this diet of eating one meal a day, would make you quite grumpy I would guess.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
That kind of diet is fasting and even if you eat your meal once a day that 23 hours with no food can damage your body if done in a prolonged period. Maybe eating twice a day is better than having one meal a day. But for someone who is in dire situation to lose weight I guess that kind of diet is very appropriate. But for those with acidic stomach like I don't think that is advisable.