• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

What's the Deal with Pork?

Kakashi2020

Kakashi2020

I like eating pork and I'm now on a keto diet, I only eat 2 kinds of meats Beef and a lot of Pork. Some people are telling me to stick with beef and chicken because they say that pork isn't healthy.

What's your take on pork?

Folk Artist

Folk Artist

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Pork is high in protein and essential vitamins, minerals and amino acids- but I would choose the lean pork, trimmed of the visual fat, these cuts have lots of nutrients in them also. I would stick with the tenderloin parts, loin chops and sirloin roast though- these lean cuts are healthier than chicken.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I think the notion that pork is unhealthy was brought about by the culture that was influenced by religion that do not eat pork. In my personal research, pork is the healthiest meat provided it is cooked very well. Beef and chicken have high cholesterol level according to our physician and some pork lovers in the family have reached good old ripe ages.