• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Working out with friends for motivation

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
It's not for me but for a friend who has the problem of starting a workout and quitting after a few days. But when his friends would call on him for a workout, he would join them. Perhaps working out alone is boring and lonely that when you do your workout with a group, especially with friends, then it will be more pleasant and interesting. That may be the main purpose of the gym - working out and socializing at the same time.

Heatman

Heatman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Personally, I would tell you that workouts done alone are always boring. I do workout alone but I can tell you unequivocally and vehemently that it's a whole lot more fun when you workout with friends or in a group. This is actually why most people prefer to hit the gym for workouts because they will have lots of fun doing it with other people who can motivate them in the process.

Folk Artist

Folk Artist

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I guess what you are saying, that their is strength in numbers, but make sure you are on the same fitness level as your partner, because they may push you to hard and therefore you could hurt yourself. Having a reliable fitness partner, does help you stick with your workouts longer.

Heatman

Heatman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Group exercises is an excellent way of getting the best out of your drills because most times when you do it alone, it seems to bore the person out. But if you have a group of people who are committed to working out together, you can never lose interest easily.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Group exercises is an excellent way of getting the best out of your drills because most times when you do it alone, it seems to bore the person out. But if you have a group of people who are committed to working out together, you can never lose interest easily.

That's the idea - you can maintain your interest because of your workout buddies. It is boring to workout in the gym by yourself. But if you have friends who would call you up for a workout then you may be motivated to go with them. I have seen young guys who run out of motivation simply because they were alone in their workout.

Heatman

Heatman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

That's the idea - you can maintain your interest because of your workout buddies. It is boring to workout in the gym by yourself. But if you have friends who would call you up for a workout then you may be motivated to go with them. I have seen young guys who run out of motivation simply because they were alone in their workout.

The only exercise which I wouldn't bother having a training partner is running because I always make use of big headphones to listen to my favorite Playlist whenever I'm hitting the road.

But if it's working out at the gym, it's better to have a training buddy.

H

Henrywrites

Banned
That is where you get the fun as you won't have to lose interest when you are working out with friends. That is the best way that you can enjoy what you do as regards working out every now and then. I have been doing it alone, but it has not been fun unlike when I hit the gym for training.

G

GuestHu

Banned
There are various fun activities that you and your buddies can choose to as a hang-out activity. Also, another way to strengthen the bond with them. However, sometimes they can influence our decisions. If they feel demotivated to go to the gym then you will be influenced not to go too. So, for me, I will choose to work out alone.

jeffreyjose48

jeffreyjose48

Banned
It's not for me but for a friend who has the problem of starting a workout and quitting after a few days. But when his friends would call on him for a workout, he would join them. Perhaps working out alone is boring and lonely that when you do your workout with a group, especially with friends, then it will be more pleasant and interesting. That may be the main purpose of the gym - working out and socializing at the same time.
I believe its a case to case to basis. There are persons who are loners like me would prefer to work out alone. I would love to work out in secret at home and just surprise the public soon. I think its a matter of character and personality. In this case you shared, it works for your friend because he likes to have a buddy in working out.

Jayson

Jayson

I can't stand socializing while working out. As I said in another thread, I focus my mind on studying things; maybe I would go over school homework in my mind. Anyway, I don't need music. However, I might like a TV with subtitles going on. Anyway, I'm a believer in not wasting time - so I see studying things in my mind, as weird as that sounds - to be the most helpful. Who has tried that?

O.K., on another thought, i find working out as serious; no time for silly chat and I don't need outside motivation.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff