• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

What's the Best Low Carb Substitute for Bread and Rice?

Kakashi2020

Kakashi2020

I'm looking for a good low carb substitute for bread and rice. Anyone here in a keto diet?

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I am not in any diet and Keto diet is alien to me. But for a good substitute of bread and rice, I will go for the tubers particularly potatoes, sweet potatoes and taro. When you eat tubers, it will fill your stomach and you will not easily get hungry. However, I cannot say if tubers are low in carbs.

Folk Artist

Folk Artist

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
You could try some wholewheat pasta(penne) with pesto and spinach and this meal is a simple pesto pasta with basil, garlic, and spinach- it will lift your mood and make you sleep better as well. Try to stick with some whole grain and vegetable dishes I would say for low carb meals.

E

Elite Performance

Banned
I would not recommend the carbohydrate containing wheat as it spikes blood sugar levels leading to increased insulin production which in turn increases body fat, The glycemic index demonstrates this, I would recommend brown rice or other vegetable sources, Best of luck friend

Mildredtabitha

Mildredtabitha

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Porridge, spaghetti, soya and the different types of potatoes are a good source. But it is better to get the recommendation from the dietician according to your body needs and health.