• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Is Fasting a good way of losing weight?

Kakashi2020

Kakashi2020

Fasting or not eating any solid food for a set time is said to be very effective in promoting weight loss. But in my experience fasting with only water to drink is very very hard to do. Is it really a good way to lose weight? What's your opinion on fasting?

Folk Artist

Folk Artist

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I think the ideal way of fasting is called intermittent fasting which seems safer and has become more popular as well lately- this is a way of eating that involves short-term fasts. One way of doing this is to skip breakfast every day and only eat from 12 noon to 8pm, and as long as you don't compensate by eating much more during the non-fasting times you will lose weight.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
For someone like me who is afflicted with acid reflux, fasting is a mortal sin because it will cause the acid to be hyperactive. But maybe for the normal people who are overweight they can do a sort of fasting like skipping meals regularly so their body will get used to that missed meal. Doing it every day will definitely cause weight loss although I am not sure if there is a side effect.

E

Elite Performance

Banned
Fasting properly spikes growth hormone levels and can accurately be described as the fountain of youth, after evening meal fasting for 14 to 16 hours then working out fasted makes an athlete lean and strong, post workout eat as much clean food within a 4 hour feeding window for rapid results, you will be amazed at how well this increases strength whilst making you lean, this is because during the fasting period the gut being empty causes the body to ramp up GH production in some cases by 300% when you train you are like a wolf and very notivated and strong

Mildredtabitha

Mildredtabitha

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I don't think fasting is good way to loose weight.This is because nutrients found in food are highly needed for normal day activities.Foods enable us to have energy to do a lot of stuff the best way is just doing exercises and maybe reducing the amount of food you take in per day.