Height
    5'9-1/2"
    Weight
    187lbs
    Biceps

Chest

Waist

Is Fasting a good way of losing weight?

Fasting or not eating any solid food for a set time is said to be very effective in promoting weight loss. But in my experience fasting with only water to drink is very very hard to do. Is it really a good way to lose weight? What's your opinion on fasting?

Similar Bodybuilding Threads:

•   bodybuilding Post Icon
      MuscleMecca Sponsors

MuscleMecca Bodybuilding advertising
      MuscleMecca.com
      Your Bodybuilding,
      Diet, Nutrition and Fitness,
      Steroids, Testosterone and Bodybuilding Chemical, Competition
      Muscle Building Community

Support MuscleMecca Bodybuilding Forums and Visit Our Muscle Sponsors

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Re: Is Fasting a good way of losing weight?

I think the ideal way of fasting is called intermittent fasting which seems safer and has become more popular as well lately- this is a way of eating that involves short-term fasts. One way of doing this is to skip breakfast every day and only eat from 12 noon to 8pm, and as long as you don't compensate by eating much more during the non-fasting times you will lose weight.

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

For someone like me who is afflicted with acid reflux, fasting is a mortal sin because it will cause the acid to be hyperactive. But maybe for the normal people who are overweight they can do a sort of fasting like skipping meals regularly so their body will get used to that missed meal. Doing it every day will definitely cause weight loss although I am not sure if there is a side effect.

Banned
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Fasting properly spikes growth hormone levels and can accurately be described as the fountain of youth, after evening meal fasting for 14 to 16 hours then working out fasted makes an athlete lean and strong, post workout eat as much clean food within a 4 hour feeding window for rapid results, you will be amazed at how well this increases strength whilst making you lean, this is because during the fasting period the gut being empty causes the body to ramp up GH production in some cases by 300% when you train you are like a wolf and very notivated and strong

collapse Posting Permissions