• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Why Grilled or Roasted Food is Healthier?

Kakashi2020

Kakashi2020

Grilled Food is a lot more nutritious and healthier than fried food because it doesn't use any oil which makes food generally unhealthy. Also the oil from meats drips off when grilling making it healthier with less fat. Grilled Food looks, smells and tastes more appetizing than fried food.

acehealth001

acehealth001

Banned
Definitely, grilled foods are better. Actually I do my potatoes grilled than fried. It's less tiring to cook, and the original taste of the potatoes remain with them when grilled. Just remember to punch the bottoms with a fork so that the heat will get into the main body. Tastes better too.

Folk Artist

Folk Artist

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I would say roasting is probably the healthier way to cook, especially at lower temperatures and cooking times. Also roasting is done with dry heat and differs from moist heating methods- where meat is cooked in water or another liquid. Grilling is done with higher heat but with a dry heat method, and the heat source comes from below and makes the food very delicious- unfortunately this cooking method leads to the production of potentially harmful chemicals.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
In frying, I don't think it is the cooking oil that matters but the oil that was produced by the fried food. In roasting or grilling, the bad elements like fats and cholesterol are removed when they drip from the meat or fish that in effect the food is cleansed of bad elements. When we roast pork slices, we see to it that the pork is cooked well to make it certified free from cholesterol and saturated fats.

E

Elite Performance

Banned
When frying food be aware that the oil come produce carcinogens which can be breathed in, also do not consume too much grilled meat as the grilling can produce carcinogens, although it does reduce the fat content significantly, moderation is the key to all things