• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Can Burnt Food Really Give You Cancer?

NoviceNinja

NoviceNinja

Image 20160810 28149 ijyh3i

Since we are still not allowed to buy cigarettes from stores way back in high school, my friends and I used to pick up already smoked cigarettes on ashtrays then we light it again. Someone told us that relighting a burnt (previously used) cigarette might give you cancer. I'm sure it also applies to burnt foods like meat and such. How much of this information holds true?

Kakashi2020

Kakashi2020

Well it's said that burnt bread can give you cancer because of a certain cancer promoting chemical called acrylamide. The question is why would you eat burnt food? Barbecue for example isn't burnt, it's just a bit charred from cooking with soysauce and sugar and this gives it the appearance of being burnt but in reality it's not. Also you need to eat a ton of burnt food before it could affect you. So don't worry about it. It's like Don't eat Pork because you might get a heart attack.

Folk Artist

Folk Artist

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
There have been studies that when the chemical acrylamide is formed on foods, it does raise the risk of cancer- and this forms on fried or baked foods especially when foods are burned. Take the skin off these burnt foods before you eat them as well.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
When it comes to cancer I believe that the cause is still unidentified until now that's why it is difficult to beat cancer. I don't think that eating burnt food will give you cancer. It may just be a coincidence that a person eats burnt food and had cancer later.