• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

The Goodness of Pork Liver

Kakashi2020

Kakashi2020

Did you know that eating a 3oz portion of Pork Liver gives the body 44 percent of the recommended daily dose of protein? The best part is that it only contains 1.2 grams of saturated fat per serving.

Pork Liver can be baked, fried, roasted, stir fried, boiled, broiled and eaten raw like Liver Sashimi.

It's also considered as a nutrient densed super food and is quite cheap. It's rich in protein, low in calories and packed with vitamins and minerals. It's also widely available in pork eating countries.

NoviceNinja

NoviceNinja

Eating liver is a good iron supplement. But you don't need ever to eat liver to get your daily dose of iron. Several foods including red meat, such as lean pork, beef, chicken contain a right amount of it too.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
This reminds me of our favorite dish called "menudo" which is a mix of pork belly and pork liver. Now I realize that I eat pork liver only when we have menudo at home and that is about twice a year or 3 times at the most. I don't relish pork liver because of that unsavory taste to me. I prefer beef liver that is cooked in soy sauce with garnishing of onion and potatoes.

Folk Artist

Folk Artist

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
It seems that a 3- ounce serving of pork liver does have 22 grams of protein- liver and onions and chopped liver seem to be some of the classic dishes that are rich in nutrients. Pork liver is a relatively lean type of liver, but it is high in cholesterol, so you might want to eat pork liver in moderation.