• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Is Coconut Sugar good or bad?

Kakashi2020

Kakashi2020

Coconut Sugar is better than regular white sugar it's healthier but it only contains a miniscule amount of minerals, trace minerals and antioxidants. In reality you need to eat a ton of it to benefit from its vitamin and mineral content. Sadly it's high sugar content outweighs any kind of benefits.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
When coco sugar first came out in the market, I bought a pack even if it was very expensive. That is just out of curiosity although later I have read that coco sugar is a healthy option for a sweetener. However unlike the ordinary white sugar that us universal, coco sugar is not good for coffee or tea because of the dominant taste. As with being healthy I guess it is just the same as the white sugar.

Folk Artist

Folk Artist

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I have heard that Coconut Sugar is good for your gut because it contains inulin. Inulin has the ability to stimulate the growth of intestinal bifidobacteria commonly found in probiotics, which can provide an overall boost to the immune system. This means by eating Coconut Sugar, it can restore the good bacteria back to the gut.

NoviceNinja

NoviceNinja

They say coconut sugar is an excellent alternative to regular sugar. Nearly everything with coconut is a positive addition to your life. Coconut juice is good for replenishment after strenuous workouts, and Coconut Oil is also great for boosting energy levels before your workouts.

Heatman

Heatman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
It's far more better than industrial produced sugar. Naturally produced sugar is the best sugar for consumption which is 100% healthy. How about sugarcane sugar, it's by far the best in my opinion. Coconut sugar is great too.

G

GuestHu

Banned
It depends on consumption. Too much is always bad. People can still acquire diabetes if they put a lot of coconut sugar in their everyday meal. Better eat healthy foods and not to consume much in sugary foods.

L

lokielovesbunny

Yes whatever is natural is always welcome and good to use, my brother lives in sound of part of India where coconut water is common to drink everyday in-fact he drinks all the time for last many years and seems no problem with it till date.

L

lokielovesbunny

Trust me, if it is in raw state, like there is no added sugar you can go as it has really great benefits to your body, don't worry about the calories, even an apple has more calories than coke but still it does wonders to our body.

A

Athanas

As long as it is natural, I don't think if it is bad to the body.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Trust me, if it is in raw state, like there is no added sugar you can go as it has really great benefits to your body, don't worry about the calories, even an apple has more calories than coke but still it does wonders to our body.

I think coco sugar is also processed like molasses although in a different style. One distributor of coco sugar said that their product is good for diabetics although I think it should be taken in moderation because it is still sugar in just another form. The sweetener that is not sugar is stevia but that is another story.

V

Viator

Good or bad depends on your goals and how much you’re consuming. It’s much healthier than regular cane sugar because it contains and inulin like the previous post said, AND has a much lower glycemic index- even though a lot of websites will say it doesn’t. they’re usually pimping some other type of sugar alternative.

Caveat- make sure it’s TRUE coconut sugar from Cocos nucifera, not “coconut palm sugar” which is usually cheaper but check the ingredients

I am a specialty chef for a chain of vegan/Paleo/keto cafés and one grocery store chain. I use coconut sugar in all my vegan and Paleo recipes. Well not all of them- a lot of the recipes are sweet enough from the dates, or date sugar (crazy expensive) and I use some combination of erythritol/ Monk fruit/allulose/stevia in the keto recipes

EDIT: if any of you thought the check my profile and wondered why this is only my 2nd post even though I’ve been a member of this forum for years, it’s because this is the only subject I have enough expertise on to give other people advice. I have the rare quality of keeping my mouth shut when I don’t know what the hell I’m talking about ?

TalkAdmin

TalkAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
Staff
Good or bad depends on your goals and how much you’re consuming. It’s much healthier than regular cane sugar because it contains and inulin like the previous post said, AND has a much lower glycemic index- even though a lot of websites will say it doesn’t. they’re usually pimping some other type of sugar alternative.

Caveat- make sure it’s TRUE coconut sugar from Cocos nucifera, not “coconut palm sugar” which is usually cheaper but check the ingredients

I am a specialty chef for a chain of vegan/Paleo/keto cafés and one grocery store chain. I use coconut sugar in all my vegan and Paleo recipes. Well not all of them- a lot of the recipes are sweet enough from the dates, or date sugar (crazy expensive) and I use some combination of erythritol/ Monk fruit/allulose/stevia in the keto recipes

EDIT: if any of you thought the check my profile and wondered why this is only my 2nd post even though I’ve been a member of this forum for years, it’s because this is the only subject I have enough expertise on to give other people advice. I have the rare quality of keeping my mouth shut when I don’t know what the hell I’m talking about
Good to see you back. Feel free to post more about it. I'm interested because my mother and brother both have diabetes.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

V

Viator

Thanks Mr. Admin. You just made my day! The best sugar for a diabetic’s daily diet is no sugar. 2nd best is low-GI fructose, or fruit that’s high in fiber. Think raspberries, strawberries, blackberries, tomatoes; anything w/ lots of seeds

The best sugar alternatives in order of not causing GI distress are monkfruit, stevia, allulose, erythritol. Many of the “big brand” diabetic/keto “friendly” foods use sorbitol or malitol cuz they’re way cheaper

The best sugar alternative in terms of taste is: Sucralose. The natural/semi-natural products I mentioned above ALL have their drawbacks, and need to be mixed in different ratios for different recipes.

Finally, Pay no mind to the alternatives mentioned in online diabetic recipes; they’re all getting paid to recommend a specific product