• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Is your favorite Comfort Food Healthy?

Kakashi2020

Kakashi2020

Im a Filipino and one of our national comfort foods second to Adobo is Sisig. It's basically chopped grilled or roasted or crispy fried pork mask, pork head along with roasted pork tongue, pork Liver and some use back fat which is crispy fried. Mix all that up put some mayonnaise and seasoning along with chopped white onions and 3 kinds of chillis, soy sauce and lime. Put it in a hot plate and enjoy it with a beer.

It's a very very delicious comfort food and it's very very unhealthy.

What about your favorite Comfort Food is it a healthy one or is it not that healthy?

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I admit that I don't eat very healthy food because we are meat eaters at home. Nuts and dried fruits can be considered my comfort food but I usually match it with Coke. Perhaps I can say that Coke is my comfort drink because it goes well with almost any food except soup dishes. But when I am sick like having a cold or down with flu, I don't drink Coke.

ArnoldS

ArnoldS

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I admit that I don't eat very healthy food because we are meat eaters at home. Nuts and dried fruits can be considered my comfort food but I usually match it with Coke. Perhaps I can say that Coke is my comfort drink because it goes well with almost any food except soup dishes. But when I am sick like having a cold or down with flu, I don't drink Coke.
Don't drink that crap! It will not your teeth and give you diabetes. It's one of the worse things for your body.

Folk Artist

Folk Artist

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
A favorite comfort food would be Spicy Black Bean soup with some carrots, celery, garlic, onions and add some red pepper. Also add some sherry vinegar or lime, and some cumin and cook in a slow cooker- you could garnish it with some avocado and eat some tortilla chips as well with this soup.

NoviceNinja

NoviceNinja

I am not sure. I believe it's not healthy as far as I know. My comfort food to eat when I am starving is Pancit Canton. I guess it does not come with any adverse health effects when consumed moderately. However, they contain fewer nutrients, too many carbs, fat, and sodium which is terrible for you if you eat it in excess.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Don't drink that crap! It will not your teeth and give you diabetes. It's one of the worse things for your body.

Thank you for your advice. Let me just share about my great uncle who is a Coke addict. Like me, he prefers the Coke in can which is the regular type and not the light or zero because of the taste. My great uncle turned 105 years old last June 13. He is still on Coke and smoking although not a chain smoker anymore.

Heatman

Heatman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Most people who do not mind what they eat tend to have a very bad eating disorder with one particular food that they cannot afford not to eat at least once in a day. I would call it addiction to the particular food that have serious health complications with constant consumption of the food. Personally, I work with my dietician in choosing my food in order to have a good healthy lifestyle.

C

cozyfish

Sadly, it's always not the case. Whenever I like any food, it happens to be unhealthy. I always wonder why?!. I guess that's why many people don't like dieting or the don't stay consistent with it.

G

GuestHu

Banned
There are various ways of finding consolation. Others find it by having a cup of coffee with their friends and share their feelings. Others watch funny movies or videos to forget about the bad events happened to them. While others, which I one of them, find comfort in eating food, mostly delicious ones. And my favorite comfort food is not healthy. I prefer eating junk foods because it does not need to be cooked or reheated, just tear it open and eat it anywhere and anytime.

C

Concentrix

My comfort food might be healthy is eaten in a little amount and not frequent. It is one of the powerful sources of antioxidants, a substance that counteracts the damaging effects of free radicals. Plus, it might improve the function of the brain because it contains theobromine, which improves blood flow. This food I am describing is made from the seed of the cocoa tree and we call this dark chocolate.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
L

lokielovesbunny

My favorite comfort food is white bread, though is not that healthy that it should be,but yes for breakfast purpose its light and can easily go with cheese, fruit jam, and you can make sandwich and certain amount of consumption can't lead to any unhealthy habit.

Mildredtabitha

Mildredtabitha

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Yes my favourite comfort food is chicken and it is very healthy. But it depends on how one has prepared it.l like it fried but its not healthy whith all the transfat so its better to boil it.

Joe Pietaro

Joe Pietaro

Joe Pietaro Contributer
VIP
Author
Fuck that. If it's comfort food, it should be shit for you, hence the name. Pizza for me.