• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Best source of carbohydrates - rice, corn, tubers, bread?

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Which do you prefer for your source of carbohydrates among the choices of rice, corn, bread, tubers like potato or taro? When I was younger, I thought it was corn because some boxers in those days were saying that they eat corn instead of rice and that gives them the stamina. But I was surprised to talk to a dietitian who said that rice is the best source of carbohydrate. He didn't elaborate but I can take his words that rice is it.

Kakashi2020

Kakashi2020

My favorite sources of carbohydrates are rice, bread, potatoes and corns, I can't go wrong in eating these because it also contains vitamins, minerals and some also contain protein. Carbohydrates are important because it fuels our body with energy.

Folk Artist

Folk Artist

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Some good carbs that will uncover your abs and make your stomach look better, are whole-wheat pasta and some acorn squash does well also. I like black beans a lot and you could try some whole wheat bread as well.

NoviceNinja

NoviceNinja

Of course, rice for the win!

Heatman

Heatman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Rice and tubers - yam as well as cassava are the main food sources of Carbohydrates. They rank among the most commonly eaten foods around here. Over 60% families here eats rice and tubers on daily basis.

M

Morepower

I love Rice and Potatos they are always a part of my diet. They are very easy to cook and it provides very high carbohydrates. It's eating tasty and getting strong at the same time.

Mildredtabitha

Mildredtabitha

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
My best source of carbohydrates is rice.

Other sources include bread, porridge, maize and roti/mandazi (even donuts).

But rice is more healthier.

P

pgcc604

Which do you prefer for your source of carbohydrates among the choices of rice, corn, bread, tubers like potato or taro? When I was younger, I thought it was corn because some boxers in those days were saying that they eat corn instead of rice and that gives them the stamina. But I was surprised to talk to a dietitian who said that rice is the best source of carbohydrate. He didn't elaborate but I can take his words that rice is it.
really the types of carbohydrates you use and eat all depend on what your goals are how your body metabolizes certain things whether you have a fast metabolism or slow metabolism there's a lot involved other than how they taste and what you like the best. personally my main carbohydrate is pasta and the reason for that is I have a high metabolism and pasta is calorie dense so I can eat less and get more calories. after that I use rice and sometimes sweet potatoes.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk