• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Protein from nuts - not causing arthritis

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I heard this yesterday on the radio again that we can eat nuts any time that it has nothing to do with gout or arthritis. Over here it is a common notion that nuts can be bad for you if you have arthritis because it will aggravate the inflammation. Worry no more because we can eat as much nuts as we want for protein. That is according to the former undersecretary of health.

Folk Artist

Folk Artist

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
It does seem like you would have to eat a lot of nuts before these things can happen, including it's bad for your gout or arthritis as well. You would likely fill up on nuts fast anyway, and that would actually help you lose weight which could be a good thing when eating nuts also.

Heatman

Heatman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
It's true what you just mentioned about getting lot of nutrients from eating nuts. Take a look at how beneficial almonds are when it comes to giving you lots of proteins and other nutrients but sadly, I don't eat any kind of nuts for my allergies health reasons towards nuts.

NoviceNinja

NoviceNinja

Another food that they say might cause problems for your arthritis is beans. My father used to say this all the time every time my mother cooks boiled beans for dinner. I'm not sure if it is a fact though.

Heatman

Heatman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Another food that they say might cause problems for your arthritis is beans. My father used to say this all the time every time my mother cooks boiled beans for dinner. I'm not sure if it is a fact though.

Seriously, as much as I enjoy eating beans, I have to stop it because it makes me to purge so much.

I know it contains a lot of protein but because I purge when I eat it, so it's no longer among my diet.

NoviceNinja

NoviceNinja

Seriously, as much as I enjoy eating beans, I have to stop it because it makes me to purge so much.

I know it contains a lot of protein but because I purge when I eat it, so it's no longer among my diet.

What do you mean by "purge?" This is the first time I encountered the word used in correlation with eating.

Heatman

Heatman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

What do you mean by "purge?" This is the first time I encountered the word used in correlation with eating.

Purging is an eating disorder which makes one either vomit or be forced to use the toilet frequently in a day. Eating boiled beans always gives me such eating disorder. I hope you understand what purging means now?

Heatman

Heatman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Purging is an eating disorder which makes one either vomit or be forced to use the toilet frequently in a day. Eating boiled beans always gives me such eating disorder. I hope you understand what purging means now?

Ah, I see. Yes, I do know what it means now. Thanks.

You are very welcome my friend, I'm happy to help you understand what that word means with eating.

Is there any particular food that gives you such eating disorder?

NoviceNinja

NoviceNinja

Hmm, let me see. I guess anything that is out of the ordinary like exotic aphrodisiacs (food that stimulates sexual desire). There was one time I felt like vomiting because I ate field rats without me knowing it.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Kakashi2020

Kakashi2020

Okay, this is my take on this, decades ago medical practitioners linked arthritis and gout to uric acid build up and that certain nuts like peanuts which has purine that makes uric acid can cause it to flare up. So that means, if you have arthritis or gout then don't eat too much nuts. Fast forward to recent news, doctors nowadays are telling people that nuts are safe to consume by people suffering from arthritis and gout. I tend to believe the old doctors because nowadays there's a lot of money to be made in sickness and disease. It's all misdirection and big business. Just like what happened to egg yolks and egg whites issue and the lean meat issue.

- - - Updated - - -

Okay, this is my take on this, decades ago medical practitioners linked arthritis and gout to uric acid build up and that certain nuts like peanuts which has purine that makes uric acid can cause it to flare up. So that means, if you have arthritis or gout then don't eat too much nuts. Fast forward to recent news, doctors nowadays are telling people that nuts are safe to consume by people suffering from arthritis and gout. I tend to believe the old doctors because nowadays there's a lot of money to be made in sickness and disease. It's all misdirection and big business. Just like what happened to egg yolks and egg whites issue and the lean meat issue.

- - - Updated - - -

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Last weekend I chanced upon a talk show on radio hosted by a physician. The topic was gout. It was surprising that she was prescribing to eat chicken feet to combat the gout. Much more surprising was when she added beef tendons and pork tendons that are good to neutralize the gout. I was kind of shocked because from what another doctor said that beef intestines including tendons will aggravate the gout.

Heatman

Heatman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

Hmm, let me see. I guess anything that is out of the ordinary like exotic aphrodisiacs (food that stimulates sexual desire). There was one time I felt like vomiting because I ate field rats without me knowing it.

You just have to be very careful about what you eat, where you eat it and how it's prepared. Food poisoning can be very dangerous.

I had one crazy experience and it almost killed me.

So, better be careful.

NoviceNinja

NoviceNinja

You just have to be very careful about what you eat, where you eat it and how it's prepared. Food poisoning can be very dangerous.

So, better be careful.

Indeed. There are recent incidents reported over here where drinking buddies all died after drinking a locally made alcohol called "lambanog." At first, they suffered dizziness, vomiting, and stomach pain then eventually died all within 24 hours. It's scary.

Heatman

Heatman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

So, better be careful.

Indeed. There are recent incidents reported over here where drinking buddies all died after drinking a locally made alcohol called "lambanog." At first, they suffered dizziness, vomiting, and stomach pain then eventually died all within 24 hours. It's scary.

Wow, I thought it was only here that we experience such horrible incidents. This has happened more than 5 times that I can recall of and none of the victims involved survived the encounter.

This is actually why if I'm not sure of how safe whatever I'm consuming is, I wouldn't eat it all for my health safety.

NoviceNinja

NoviceNinja

So, better be careful.

Wow, I thought it was only here that we experience such horrible incidents. This has happened more than 5 times that I can recall of and none of the victims involved survived the encounter.

This is actually why if I'm not sure of how safe whatever I'm consuming is, I wouldn't eat it all for my health safety.

I think it's best to go for goods that are Drug and Food Authority approved first. Usually, the one in major supermarkets are. What happened here was the drink they all died from is not marketed nationwide but only locally, a small enterprise which is just starting out. No scientific food testing or something happened, so that's why.

Heatman

Heatman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

So, better be careful.

I think it's best to go for goods that are Drug and Food Authority approved first. Usually, the one in major supermarkets are. What happened here was the drink they all died from is not marketed nationwide but only locally, a small enterprise which is just starting out. No scientific food testing or something happened, so that's why.

There an agency called NAFDAC here which means National Agency for food and drugs commission. They are in charge for certifying any beverages and food safe for public consumption.

But with the cases of people getting poisoned by what they eat and drink, it seems like this commission is not really working.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
May I just add something about food poisoning that happened to my nephew. They went to a beach resort and they brought along their food. One kind of food was the crabs which were cooked well. They had that for lunch and later on for dinner as well. That night 3 of them experienced food poisoning that they landed in the hospital. The diagnosis of the doctor is the crabs that was contaminated by "Red tide" from the sea.