• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Combining OMAD with workouts

Heatman

Heatman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
OMAD is regarded as the act of eating one meal in a day and maintaining that eating pattern. When you are very cautious of losing weight, it's very important to monitor how and what you eat. Combining OMAD and workouts will definitely help you to lose weight quickly.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I agree that adding exercise or workout to any kind of diet will hasten the loss of weight. However, it seems that OMAD is rigorous for the body since it is a daily fasting. I agree that the body can get used to OMAD in a month or 2 but the rigor is still there. When done with a workout, the body may experience hardship that may cause imbalance aside from the muscle pains and fatigue.

Heatman

Heatman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I agree that adding exercise or workout to any kind of diet will hasten the loss of weight. However, it seems that OMAD is rigorous for the body since it is a daily fasting. I agree that the body can get used to OMAD in a month or 2 but the rigor is still there. When done with a workout, the body may experience hardship that may cause imbalance aside from the muscle pains and fatigue.

Just like you mentioned that within a month or two, the body would get to use OMAD, it's what's matters most. Even though OMAD takes its toll on the body, it's more difficult when you are new at it but once you get used to it, it's very easy.

NoviceNinja

NoviceNinja

As for me, working out or exercising even for only an hour a day makes me exhausted. So I need to eat a lot to gain back the energy I lost. Imagine if I'm also doing OMAD at the same time, I might not be able to sustain it in the long run. But I guess different people react differently to different practices so what do I know. All I'm saying is that this type of routine is not for me.

Heatman

Heatman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
As for me, working out or exercising even for only an hour a day makes me exhausted. So I need to eat a lot to gain back the energy I lost. Imagine if I'm also doing OMAD at the same time, I might not be able to sustain it in the long run. But I guess different people react differently to different practices so what do I know. All I'm saying is that this type of routine is not for me.

It's true that when you are on one diet in a day, your body seems to run low on energy and as a result of that, most people can't get into other strenuous workouts.

It's actually not a must to get into workouts while on OMAD but if you can, it's equally good as well. Just take things easy and smooth.

NoviceNinja

NoviceNinja

It's true that when you are on one diet in a day, your body seems to run low on energy and as a result of that, most people can't get into other strenuous workouts.

It's actually not a must to get into workouts while on OMAD but if you can, it's equally good as well. Just take things easy and smooth.

You're probably right. Set your pace and not force things if you can't. Take it slow at first and observe how your body reacts with the routine. If you think you can do better, then go ahead and add some more.

Heatman

Heatman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

You're probably right. Set your pace and not force things if you can't. Take it slow at first and observe how your body reacts with the routine. If you think you can do better, then go ahead and add some more.

Exactly! I was actually very active in working out before I started doing OMAD, so it was literally very easy for me to combine both the workouts and being on diet, although I seem to lose my strength sometimes because my body was running low on energy as a result of low carb consumption.

NoviceNinja

NoviceNinja

Exactly! I was actually very active in working out before I started doing OMAD, so it was literally very easy for me to combine both the workouts and being on diet, although I seem to lose my strength sometimes because my body was running low on energy as a result of low carb consumption.

So during those times when your body was running low on fumes as a result of low carb consumption, how do you deal with it? How do you gain back energy without eating or drinking anything?

Heatman

Heatman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

So during those times when your body was running low on fumes as a result of low carb consumption, how do you deal with it? How do you gain back energy without eating or drinking anything?

Liquids are a constant consumption for me when on my fasting window but it's not all liquids that are permitted to be taken when fasting.

Coffee, green tea, water, lemon water are all among the liquid that I take in my fasting window and they help me a lot.

NoviceNinja

NoviceNinja

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Heatman

Heatman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Coffee, green tea, water, lemon water are all among the liquid that I take in my fasting window and they help me a lot.

I see as I thought you are not consuming anything to replenish the energy you need to make it through the day at least. Thanks, man.

Dry fasting is completely out of the question because it's very harmful to one's health instead of helping you improve your health.

To combine dry fasting with workouts is insane.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

Just like you mentioned that within a month or two, the body would get to use OMAD, it's what's matters most. Even though OMAD takes its toll on the body, it's more difficult when you are new at it but once you get used to it, it's very easy.

What I meant by getting used to OMAD is the diet which is one meal only that is clearly a kind of fasting. When your body gets used to it you will not feel the craving for food anymore because the digestive system had adjusted with the period of eating. But with the workout it is a different story because the body will be asking for nutrients which wouldn't be supplied since you are on OMAD. I am not an authority on this one. It's just my take using myself as the basis of my opinion.

Heatman

Heatman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

What I meant by getting used to OMAD is the diet which is one meal only that is clearly a kind of fasting. When your body gets used to it you will not feel the craving for food anymore because the digestive system had adjusted with the period of eating. But with the workout it is a different story because the body will be asking for nutrients which wouldn't be supplied since you are on OMAD. I am not an authority on this one. It's just my take using myself as the basis of my opinion.

Exactly! It definitely takes time for one's digestive system to adjust to OMAD but once it does, you would have no stress eating one meal in a day. And your body will be conditioned to crave for food only during your eating window.

Folk Artist

Folk Artist

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
With OMAD you would only eat one meal for the day, so that means you would be fasting for the other 23-like hours. I could see how this would simplify your meal prep time, and if you were just sitting all day it would be ok- but if you were very active during the day it seems like you would have to eat more than one meal.

Heatman

Heatman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
With OMAD you would only eat one meal for the day, so that means you would be fasting for the other 23-like hours. I could see how this would simplify your meal prep time, and if you were just sitting all day it would be ok- but if you were very active during the day it seems like you would have to eat more than one meal.

When you are still new on OMAD, it's definitely going to be very difficult for you to advertise your craving for food but as time goes on, you are definitely going to be used to it. Eating once a day does not meat you fast 23 hours. Your eating window can be 2 to 3 hours depending on your discretion.