• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Back to my push ups after an ailment

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I got sick for 2 weeks and I had lost 5 pounds. It's only a mild sickness that affected my appetite caused by the irritation from the allergy. Anyway, after another week of rest, I am now back to my push ups starting with 25 and now I am doing 40 push ups in the morning. My question is this - do I gain back the lost 5 pounds with more exercise or with just more food and lesser exercise?

NoviceNinja

NoviceNinja

I'm sure you'll get back what you lost by consuming foods and not by working out. I think the point of exercising is to tone our muscles and to lose weight and not gain it. But then again, I am no expert, and I have no scientific evidence to back this up.

Heatman

Heatman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Sorry to hear about your illness but I'm glad that you are well and healthy at the moment since you are already back to your normal routine workouts.

My advice would be to take things easy until you are 100% healthy.

Folk Artist

Folk Artist

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
To gain muscle strength, you can just exercise your muscles more, but for building muscle mass, you need to up your calorie intake. I would say this would be more of a way to gain some weight- with the combo of eating enough and exercising your muscles as well.

Heatman

Heatman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
To gain muscle strength, you can just exercise your muscles more, but for building muscle mass, you need to up your calorie intake. I would say this would be more of a way to gain some weight- with the combo of eating enough and exercising your muscles as well.

I don't think that at his age that he would be looking to gain weight rather than lose weight. It's most likely when one is younger that he or she looks to add a little more muscle.