• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

WBO junior bantamweight title fight – Nietes vs Ioka

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
After a split draw with compatriot Aston Palicte last September, Donnie Nietes will have another crack at the 4th division when he faces Kazuto Ioka for the vacant WBO junior bantamweight crown. Both Nietes and Ioka have only 1 loss in their fight record with Nietes sporting 41 wins while Ioka has 23 wins. The protagonists are also 3-division champions who are both seeking their 4th division title.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
The fight was actually in the super flyweight division of WBO (which is equivalent to the junior bantamweight division). After 12 rounds Filipino Donnie Nietes emerged victorious with a split decision over Ioka. One judge had it for Ioka for the questionable split decision because it was clear that Nietes dominated the fight and had won more rounds than the Japanese. Nietes is now a 4-division champion in the league of Nonito Donaire and boxing legend Manny Pacquiao.

Kakashi2020

Kakashi2020

It was a well deserved win for Donnie Nietes who is a favorite boxer of mine because of his technical skills. Unlike Manny Pacquiao, Nietes isn't a flashy boxer or a power puncher. He is a technical boxer, a scientific fighter, he breaks down his opponent piece by piece in order to win in the latter rounds.