• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Squash as rice substitute

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I had a chance to meet a relative from the province and in our casual chat, he mentioned the vitamins that we get from squash. It is a myth that squash is good for the eyes but it is actually good for the cholesterol level and also to the digestive system. This is the first time that I've heard of squash in lieu or rice or mashed potatoes. Not a bad idea because I was already thinking of eating squash when I am on a diet from rice.

Folk Artist

Folk Artist

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
You can actually make rice from squash and other vegetables as well- and it is a good way to get more nutrition into your diet, although I have never tried this before. Any vegetable with low water content can be used, including butternut squash, sweet potatoes, regular potatoes or plantains, you could google this- how to make rice out of these vegetables to get some instruction.

H

heavyhitter

Wat kind of squash are we talking? You mean like butternut and banana squash...or are we talking like yellow squash or zuccinni?

Kakashi2020

Kakashi2020

Butternut Squash and Pumpkins are great rice substitutes because they have a lot of vitamins and minerals, also did you know that the Pumpkin is a variety of the Squash and that both Pumpkin and Squash are not veggies but are fruits.

Heatman

Heatman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I haven't actually tried it yet but it seems like it's going to be very healthy meal to eat.

If I have the time to prepare it this Christmas, I'm definitely going to be giving it a try.